Reporting Molestations to Elders

by Vitameatavegamin 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hi all!

My feeling on this whole sexual abuse matter is that if a child has been or is being molested, it should be taken straight to the police. Why allow the Elders to "decide" first if there is any merit to the allegations. Mainly because if the accused has committed this crime and denies to the elders, the victim is basically screwed in the eyes of the congregation. Then, if the victim was to speak to close friends in the congregation about the matter, the victim can be accused of slander and thus have to face a judicial committe of their own. It just is not a proper way of handling such a serious accusation. JW elders are not EVEN equipped to handle such cases, much less render a judgement on the matter.

The Society needs to make a serious change in the way molestation cases are handled. Elders should be instructed to completely stay out of these matters and direct alleged victims and their families to the police. Then, if there is a guilty verdict by the courts, only then could Elders make an announcement accordingly.

Unless these changes are made, victims will stay victims in the JW organization, never being allowed a voice. Personally, I think the Dateline interview is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be more to come. This could be the beginning of the end for the JWs, who knows.

What do you think??

Thanks! Vita

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

who are these ELDERS are they important I MYSelf would not tell if their shorts were a blaze -- but that is just me sinful and hardthearted that I have become towards the likes of them anyway..if thwy are not sexuallY abusing their kids they R physically, mentally abusing them..they make me sick where is the barf bag....i have seen such go on the KH in the name od loving discipline..i doubt they would ever tll on themselves--but GOD knows all>>

• Lieu
    Lieu

Interesting note:

I think the problem comes from the difference in 'training'. Males are taught to give teaching lectures to an audience...where females are taught to have teaching "conversations" on a personal level. Females are taught to talk "to" you.

Most Elders are...well...um....borish, stiff, unconsoling, non-comforting, and possess absolutely no inter-personal skills. Elders, can however, spurt off scriptures which have been taken out of context to make the unsuspecting depressed soul feel even worse.

Males aren't taught how to do anything on a personal level....it's quite obvious that they don't know how. Elders are taught to talk "at" you.

Who would want to talk with someone like that when in need of comfort? ... who would send their child for a grand inquisition from a person like that? I mean really!!!

There are very few elders who preside in a "fine manner" and are actually good "teachers" as opposed to good "speakers". I have yet to hear a personal kind word come out of an Elder's mouth directed toward a depressed soul.

Therin lies the biggest problem.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Well said, Vita.

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• LB
    LB

Perhaps the best way to handle it would be for the elders to find out from the police??

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit