Other thoughts: the two witnesses idea

by larc 16 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Whether the two witnesses to two separate incidences is new or old, it is still a very stupid policy. Let us suppose a child was raped and their parents took the matter to police. Further suppose that the police said, that they couldn't investigate because there had not been any other complaints against the rapist. They went on to add that they would keep your record on file, and if another case came up, they would look into it.

DOES ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD POLICY??????

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

When all is said an done, no religion makes the Bible look as stupid as Watchtower.

Absolutely none.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Lieu
    Lieu

I wonder if that applies to murder also?....two dead bodies required?

Interesting, if dead bodies can't give an oral testimony....? Hmmm?

• SYN
    SYN

The Watchtower can make itself look stupid without needing to get the Bible involved already!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Larc,
    You are so right!IT IS A HORRIBLE POLICY!r
    When they refuse to act until there is more than one witness it makes them partially responsible for every child molested while they are holding to their retarted policy.They are sharers in these crimes!

You don't need two eye witnesses for a crime to be proven.

Their perversion of the application of scripture has caused so much needless pain.

ChiChi

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I'm still extreemely stumped by what reason they have for not Dfepping Fritz.
    17 accounts. And a conviction. Why would they not use the conviction as a witness? It certainly qualifies as evidence.
    Unless they are saying he was wrongfully convicted.
    It doesn't make any sense.
    If they are not going to defep him they owe every cong. an explination why.
    Just saying it's confedential at this point is rediculas.
    It isn't confidential that he is in prison. And it isn't confidential WHY he is in prison so why should the reason for not defepping him be confidential. I would think that the pedofile in prison would want the WTS to NOT keep there reasons confidential.
    The whole thing is just so unbelevably stupid.

........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.................
  • Francois
    Francois

No one in their WRONG mind would think this is a good policy. Let's remember that when the two witness rule was promulgated, there did not then exist any sort of forensic techniques for investigators to apply. In fact, there were many things that are common today to aid investigators in their work that were undreamed of then.

Thus we see yet another reason why the bible is an incompetent guide for today.

We notice that the society says you can be held bloodguilty if you know you have bad brakes on your car and because of them you kill someone. It's the principle that still applies, so they say as they violate the letter and the spirit of Galatians.

We notice that the society hews closely to the proscription of long hair on men because of the same "principle" that still applies.

We also notice that those same scriptures tell men not to trim the corner of their beards and so the society...WHAT!?!...NO BEARDS ALLOWED? Bu..bu..bu...but what about the PRINCIPLE!!! What about the scripture? What about the spirit and the letter of the law???

Obviously, the society picks and choses which ancient scripture to apply based on their own biases. What hypocrites.

You know, I'd hate like hell to be one of those guys and have to stand before the Creator and explain myself. I don't think it can be done. More evidence that the WTBTS is nothing but a bunch of hypocritical old farts playing fast and loose with the lives of six million people.

The fact that this kind of thing happens proves one thing above all: the governing body of Jehovahs' Witnesses no more believes that it will have to defend its actions than I believe that I'm the Virgin Mary. They don't believe in God. They only believe in money, and in seeing just how far and how fantastically they can push people.

NOTE TO GB: How 'bout that debate boys? No stomach for it? You are the Sistine Chapel of Cowardly.

Francois

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

they can interpret the two witness scripture any way they want to, just look at what they did to "generation".

the reason they interpret it as they do, is because it is an "excuse" to keep the cases out of court, and away from the media.

it's the media that that can make people aware that they are not a clean organization, not god's organization.

• patio34
    patio34

That is a good analogy, Larc, and really highlights the stupidity of the rule. Francois also makes a very good case vs. it because basically there was not much in the way of forensics in those times.

It all adds up to being unbelievably ignorant to follow a 3000-yr-old law code to the letter. Well, as Francois said, the parts they choose to follow.

Pat

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm I wonder if the point of a rape victim screaming is to GET her two witnesses.

Reality is that today no one pays attention to someone screaming. People get murdered and scream and yell and no one calls the police. Rule of thumb is if you need help you are better off screaming FIRE than help.

The rule is absurd. There is absolutely no understanding of criminal behavior - all the more reason to go to the professionals to deal with instead of the window cleaner

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit