The Ransom Sacrifice -- Simplified Suggestion

by FusionTheism 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

The idea/term of "Ransom Sacrifice" has 11 of the 32 letters .

The genetic code has only four, had them since the word "go" 4 billion years ago. so, we are not talking the same language here, "ransom" versus life.

Cofty's fancy footwork explanations contain even more letters than that, but life did quite well for the said billions of years without that. We are just discovers classifiers after all. and words fail us.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Fusion and Messianic Christian, you are both trying to defend the indefensible. I for one do not need a ransom sacrifice to help me since I was not born “from Adam” since Adam did not and could not literally exist. Original sin never came my way, I am master of my own destiny and need not grovel to any invisible deity or saviour figure. No doubt you get pleasure from the pride you take in believing this salvation story and good for you but it comes from fairy-land, it is mythical, not from the real world. There are tests to see whether a story comes from fiction or fact and one of them is simply the meaning of the name. Adam for example means ‘man’, a mythical archetype, not a real person. What real monarch calls his son ‘Prince’?

The Christian writings put in the mouth of the saviour character Jesus, words referencing Adam, i.e. Jesus believed in Adam. Yet we have abundant evidence that Homo sapiens evolved. Next to my computer I have stone tools made by ancient pre-human species. Outside of the African continent (where the genus Homo first emerged) most of us have of a small percentage Neanderthal genes indicating the complex genetic diffusion and ‘back crossing’ with other contemporary hominin species.If you are African with some non-african forebears you too will have Neanderthal blood. It can now be easily measured and it is entirely consistent with the predictability of the science of the evolution theorem. We came from apes not a mythical Adam. Jesus, had he known the science, would not have referenced Adam... he got it wrong. Pre scientific, pre-literate man needed the explanations myths gave. Except for the religious stragglers; we have moved on from this primitive belief system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit