The Watch Tower Society reveals itself

by Doug Mason 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Over time, the Watch Tower Society has completely changed many of its beliefs. For example, until recently, the WTS said that the emblems of the Memorial represented the Church, the 144,000, that the emblems did not symbolize Jesus.

At times, the WTS changes the name of a belief while it continues the teaching, For example, the WTS used to say that Jesus and the 144,000 together were the "The Christ". Today, the WTS denies this teaching but the name "Anointed" means "Christ".

Do you want to see what the Watch Tower reveals about these things and more? Then read:

http://www.jwstudies.com/The_Watch_Tower_Society_Reveals_Itself.pdf

Doug

• smiddy
    smiddy

Excellent work Doug from what I can see just scanning your work .

It`s going to take a hell of a lot longer to digest all of the information you have provided .

Thank`s again .

smiddy

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thanks Smiddy,

I do not see it as something to be read from page 1 but as a reference source.

I tried to get internal hyperlinks to work but Word failed me in a most frustrating fashion. Sorry about that.

Doug

• Zoos
    Zoos

I always enjoy sinking my teeth into your work Doug. You do a tremendous service.

Thanks!

• carla
    carla
    Thank you Doug!
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Thanks Doug, appreciate your hard work. Its amazing what they used to teach. Nothing even close to what they teach today.
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thank you for your kind comments.

The fact is that it started out as something very different: I wanted to study Isaiah 43. It is a poem written around the time of the Babylonian Captivity. The Study then took itself into two parts: firstly, looking at the chapter in the Bible, the second part was looking at how the Watchtower introduced it into their methodology. Gradually, it became clear that with the second I was discovering more than I had anticipated. I wrote to someone that I was writing but I did not know what it is. The Study grabbed my hands and took me on a journey where I discovered things I had never known. Still I was concerned at where this thing was taking me. The last mental struggle was to understand how a democratic society could become autocratic without having conducted a democratic election. It became clear that they were gradually pummeled into submission, with a process that took more than 20 years.

I suspect that every reader will, as it proper, see things that I had not even imagined; I do not have their experiences.

Perhaps the Writing Department at HQ will find it useful?

I hope you like the cartoon at the end.

Doug

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Doug's work is not only in depth, but arguably 'exhaustive' in research. He's a one-stop-shopping experience when it comes to resource material contained in his various topics covered.

Take the time and review all of his work online. The presentation is several cuts above the best you've seen.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Lots of work and research, thank you. This is a valuable resource.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

The last mental struggle was to understand how a democratic society could become autocratic without having conducted a democratic election. It became clear that they were gradually pummeled into submission, with a process that took more than 20 years.

Isn't that how the WTS got to where it's at right now. Good things come to those who wait. (or shall we say, "Bad things come to those who wait")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit