Will the Wt Split?

by Satanus 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    But these guys are pure and true believers. They truly believe that God uses the GB to direct the whole thing. They will not go against their God, like Korah. In their mind it is unthinkable that Jehovah is not in control of all these corporations and is using them as a united organization to get his work done.

True believers? LOL! It continually amazes/amuses me that former JWs persist in laboring under this grand delusion. The Brooklyn boyz believe "God uses the[m] to direct the whole thing..." about as much as Don Vito Corleone thought God was using him to direct the "spiritual interests" of his "family." Different hustle, different "godfathers," but all know they're racketeers, nothing more.

If there is ever a reform group it will come from outside the Bethel/Corp good-old-boy network. And the likelyhood of that is not very good.

On this I agree. And even among those outside HQ--- the racketeers running the satellite offices who know what's up but tell themselves and whoever'll buy it that they continue to "serve" in order to "help mitigate the harm" done their brothers---only some major seismic activity (s) in "Jehovah's holy mountain" that damages their lives personally would galvanize even a few of these "men" to action.

AMNESIAN

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Will the Watchtower split? NO!

The Governing Body will split!

They will disagree among themselves, smell the smoke of a "spiritual" fire about to consume them and then make the decision, that most unusual of decisions, to put FULL trust in Jehovah and only Jehovah for the first time in their lives. It will be put to the vote, and the vote close but the motion carried. In this way there will be a split in the GB, only in the vote. Afterwards the Society will move forward.

They will finally decide to put the vest of the High Priest to good use.

IW

• Satanus
    Satanus

One thing that isn't clear to me is, exactly how much power does the gb have? Are they in the background because they were eased out, or are they still the power that controls all the other corps and the stockholding members?

SS

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

SS,

The Governing Body still commands the loyalty of the rank and file JWs around the world. They would have to die or all turn apostate before the average JW would accept another leader. How much hands on control they have at Bethel is not IMO, as important as the fact that they "command the loyalty of the army".

The Queen of England is a figurehead and her subjects know she is. The GB may by some here be considered to be acting as a figurehead but the worldwide brotherhood of Jehovah's Witnesses does not! There is where the GB's power is, with the congregations!

IW

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Amnesian,

I know, it sounds rediculous. It is not too different from any other movement where the ideals of the group actually become the focal point of activity in a kind of mental sickness participated in by all supporters. I maintain that, while it is possible that a few know it is all a scam, by far the majority of those guys running the show are under the delusion that they are actually serving God and being used by him. There may be some in organized crime who are under a simliar delusion but I would suggest that most wise guys are fully aware they are simply running a scam and have no delusions about some higher power pulling the strings.

The WTS will perpetuate itself in spite of itself. If there are splinter groups in the future, as there have been in the past, it will be because some believe that God has withdrawn support and is now leading them in a new direction. This stuff has been going on for centuries and the mental sickness is passed on from generation to generation. The Roman Catholic Church has been running this scam for quite some time, as have several splinter groups coming from that organization. I don't believe there is a conscious decision by a group of leaders to concieve and then orchestrate an elaborate scam. These people are deluded and think they are acting for God. A scam it is but in the eyes of the participants it is the truth and their connection to God.

In the case of the Mob, they are simply capitalizing on man's credulity and know full well it is all an elaborate scheme and work hard to keep it going for their benefit. Whatever delusions they have about God is not responsible for their actions. In the case of the JW/WTS, they have become what they are because they are deluded and led along by their common belief that they are God's people. They act wickedly and in many ways are similar to the Mob in how they operate but their comprehension of reality is not the same.

I respect your thoughts on this Amnesian, and you could be right. I would like to believe that these guys are fully aware of what they are doing and have no delusion about any direction from some silly god. That they are sitting around laughing with one another over the very successful scam they are running and how stupid people are to swallow this stuff. That would make it easier to attack them and open up chinks in their armor. Unfortunately, I do not think that this is the case. Rather, I think that these men are mentally sick and being carried along by thier own delusions. They really beleive this stuff is the truth and that armageddon is near, and all the other rediculous "hope" they perpetuate. Maybe I am wrong and you will prove to be right on this point. I am open to anything at this point in my life and only hope that I can get my family out before it is too late for them.

Sean

• bonovox
    bonovox

Ok, lookit. Ive been out for over 10 years, and while gone could not really care less about all that org chart shit. SO stuff as outlined in the posts above *may* have happened, but Im sorry guys, but alot I see above is alot of unsubstantiated conjecture.

Does anyone have ANY links to JW sponsored sites or those JW only forums that people keep talking about? Is there any hard evidence that any of this splittsville talk is true? How come none of the Witnesses I know and am close to know about it? Believe me, some of them are my best friends still and we talk about EVERYTHING, cause they know Im not trying to subvert their faith, just curious thats all...

And just who is this "Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses"??? Ive never heard of em, and neither have any of the Witnesses that I grew up with that still talk to me (yeah the shunning isnt adhered to strictly, believe you me! lol) do either...and btw alot of them are black and from the tristate and Ontario regions...does anybody have any hard facts here?? Im not being sarcastic, I just want to get up to speed, but factually, of course! :)

------------------------------------------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit