It's not just JWs who refuse to see...

by safe4kids 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Read this article at http://www.baynews9.com/newsstory.asp?storyname=2002/May/31/priest

The Pinellas Park Police Department has informed the Catholic Diocese of St. Petersburg that Father Robert Schaeufele has been arrested for sexual battery.

Father Schaeufele faces charges on two counts of capital sexual battery in connection with sexual abuse of minors that took place in Pinellas County in the 1980s. Schaeufele was arrested in Michigan and is now awaiting extradition to Florida.

St. Michael’s Catholic Church in Pasco County is where Schaeufele last served.

Parishioners are just starting to find out that their former pastor was arrested. Parishioner Florence Sassano says, "I'm so sorry that it happened and it was a long time ago. I'm sure he doesn't feel now like he did before and he had to carry that guilt with him and that's a heavy cross," said Sassano.

Schaeufele last served at St. Michael`s Catholic Church in Pasco County.

St. Michael's is focusing on carrying on with the faith. This weekend they're holding a retreat for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, which helps the poor and homeless in Pasco County. Also during mass, they will take collections for missionary work in Africa and South America.

In April, Father Schaeufele was immediately removed from ministry by Bishop Robert Lynch after he received a credible complaint of misconduct against Schaeufele. Since then, several victims have come forward leading to his arrest.

Bishop Lynch says he renews his pledge to act promptly in dealing with all credible and substantial allegations of sexual misconduct with a minor by church personnel.

So....stupidity and denial exist in so many places

Dana

• Imbue
    Imbue
    So....stupidity and denial exist in so many places

AMEN! Dana...This is an issues every where not just in the WT. Denial is disease all by itself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• think41self
    think41self

All I have to say to that rubbish is pffftttt

think41self

This side of Eden, whether we realize it or not, we feel the stain on our souls, and at every opportunity, we try to scrub it away with steel-wool guilt.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Stupid people exist everywhere. Thank God the Majority of Catholics DO NOT think as she does.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit