After 3 years the JWs are at my door

by Lady Lee 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think it really helped that they were older. The forst lady who had taped the show told me about her past experience with the elders - along the lines of spousal abuse.(yes this folks is how I do it- get them to talk about themselves). She wants to believe in something and knows the elders are not perfect.

I am glad it was the two older ladies at my door because the next door had 2 young ladies. I think they might have run.

Funny cause it was me who suggested they go and find the other two to make sure they were OK.

I suspect the Dateline show only opened a door that was slightly ajar for the first lady. The second one was very concerned about the children. I suspect something more there but she didn't say and I based what I said on their desire to protect the children. Damn I was quoting scripture to them about Jesus telling us to protect the sheep and the children.

You know it felt good and I was definitely getting a lot of information that might have been missed but came across as wanting to make sure - like them - that the cong was a safe place for children.

I also let them know I believed they were good people and wanted to do the right thing -

Should be interesting to be a fly on the wall around them.

Scully taping them would have been grand but oh well.

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

d wiltshire
    ----
    I wonder if they would ever use a real life experience like yours at their service meeting, in a part about how to handling molester objections
    -----

think they might ask me in to do a part? I could leave more cards all over the place

A not-so-silent lamb

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lady Lee,

You are truly a nice person - and you did very well with these two ladies that called on you.

I hope they continue to think - and don't get 'shut-up' by the local 'elders'.

Take care.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you Jim

A not-so-silent lamb

• Prisca
    Prisca

Lady Lee,

You handled the situation very well - I guess you can think on your feet quickly.

I was also glad to note that you were kind and reasonable with them. I see no need to be rude to JWs at the door - most of them think they are doing the right thing, and are no different to you and I not so long ago.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So true Prisca

Anger would have driven them away. By showing that I cared they were extremely open and we found a common ground - the safety of the children

A not-so-silent lamb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit