Dateline Dissapearing Act?

by cornish 11 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Gopher, the show was indeed a ratings success. The operative word here is "was." Why would Dateline want to continue to advertise a show that has already aired?

Sam, how do you know that JW legal works for free? Have you seen their financial statements? They don't disclose them, and I bet that if they did you would find that many of the people you and many others thought were volunteers are highly compensated. This would explain their refusal to publicly disclose this information.

Yes, a WT legal challenge is certainly a possibility. But they would most likely lose, and spend a lot of money doing so. Baseless speculation about the power of the WT legal team serves to intimidate apostates from exercising their rights to freedom of expression, and helps the Society's cause.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I forgot to mention one very important consideration. The media is more powerful than any lawyer could ever be. If the WT sued NBC, NBC would most likely retaliate by, among other things, using a team of investigative reporters to uncover additional news stories that would adversely impact the WT's public image.

I don't like the WT, but I'll give them credit for being wise enough to avoid a hopeless battle with the media.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit