Dateline Fitzwater Letter-"Two Witnesses

by silentlambs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Here's the location of the Congregation.

It's located in the Netherlands. In the city of Leeuwarden.

The name of the elder in charge of the committee is Siebe Hiemstra.

He's also in charge of the hospital committe to check and see who does and doesn't get blood transfusions.

• outnfree
    outnfree

"These older men had a responsibility to handle matters in the congregation, in the same way as the 'older men' in ancient Israel would have cared for matters of this nature."

This statement is a lie, because of the emphasis added above.

Please see Marvin Shilmer's EXCELLENT post at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29101&site=3 (which I just brought bttt) to understand, from the WT's own literature, why I say this.

Climb out from under your "craggy rocks", WT elders, and offer the little lambs some "refuge"!!!

outnfree

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift

• chappy
    chappy

Does the WT policy about two witnesses apply to cases individually?
    Would this allow a person to molest many children at different times and yet only have one witness (the child) in each case?

chappy

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

They just don't get it. Their star chamber rules do not matter, we don't care whether you disfellowship the bastards or embrace them as your "Christian brothers." Just let the police know that an allegation has been made. In addition doing so yourself, encourage the family to take the matter to law enforcement, don't ignore the issue or say something like, "We don't discourage going to police" - which to some witnesses is code that you shouldn't do it.

• DB
    DB

Bod and the rest, I agree. Why not at least *encourage* them to go to police? At least do that much. Show some pro-active concern for these people, for goodness sakes.

nancee, excellent point about Jesus and the Sabbath law! There were indeed times when the greater interest would take precedence over the stated law, as you mentioned.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

the watchtower has three 'witness' rules it uses depending on the circumstances AS IT PERCIEVES IT TO BE:

1) Two witness two act rule. A person observed smoking by two different people on two separate occasions is consdiered grounds for a JC and/or disfellwoshiping. This rule has been around for decades.

2) Two witness one act rule. T his rule is rather new (withing the framework of a 120 year old religion) and seems specifically designed to be used with child abuse.

3) One witness rule. I am not speaking here of confession. Just that a statement by a subject of a jc can be used as a sole reason for disfellowshiping. A rape survivor who does not scream is a classic example. This rule has been around since at least 1965.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• FetterFree Annie
    FetterFree Annie

I'm amazed that the JW's consider themselves above the law. I'll bet they have pedophiles joining up just so they can practice their perversion without fear of discovery or retribution.

The two witness law is a farce! The Bible admonishes us to obey the laws of the land. It also speaks of routing out sin in the church so the whole body is not affected. As usual, they have it backwards. Protecting the sinner (read pedophile), and punishing the victim.

Can't these people be charged with obstuction or something?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I truly believe that the Governing Body at least and the Service Committee at most are guilty of criminal conspiracy.

It is against the law to try and influence someone's testimony in a court of law in all fifty states and the Federal government. Watchtower's efforts, subsantiated in their literature, are to get people NOT TO REPORT these sexual offenders.

Once a criminal or civil case has been established,any action toward the survivor or their advoctaes can be construed as an attempt to influence their testimony in court. This is against the law.

The governments won't act without a lot of pushing from the citizens.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• one
    one

simon,

did you remove any post on this thread?

• SYN
    SYN

Chappy: Yes. It's horrible, isn't it? There have to be two witnesses SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit