The Kingdom of God -- Simplified Suggestion

by FusionTheism 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    Plus, if you can't stand the idea of examining the Scriptures and the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, why on earth are you reading a message board category entitled "Beliefs" of Jehovah's Witnesses?
  • Giordano
    Giordano

"why on earth are you reading a message board category entitled "Beliefs" of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

In my case reading a thread about the beliefs of JW's is always worth a good laugh because who really gives a fig what they believe....... as they have no real beliefs other then what the GB body tells them to believe and those things always have an expiration date.

By the way the Bible scholars are the WTBTS just use that as your citation.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Why do so many atheists, who maybe, barely, make up 9% or 10% of the population, consider themselves the only ones who have the truth and are superior to everyone else?

I would love to see evidence of that. I would also appreciate it if you didn't attempt to tell others how they think and feel without direct, firsthand knowledge of that.

I've always wondered that?

OK, do you wonder that or are you asking us if you wonder that?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    There are accepted rules that scholars and experts in the fields of Bible/book research use to determine which parts are symbolic, which are poetic, which are apocalyptic, which are narrative/prose, which are songs, etc.

Where did these rules come from? From God? If so, how did he communicate them? If he did communicate them and is a spirit, how does that work? Do they have any proof God has bestowed them with this authority? Who are these scholars? Do they agree on this? Where are the rules and can I see them? If so, how can I determine that they are valid?

There is nothing magical or mystical about it. I never say anything without checking it against the scholars and experts and their accepted rules of exegesis and interpretation.

See above. All you've done is change every question I had to be about them. Why do you trust them? Have you verified anything they've said? Since not one prophecy in the Bible has ever come true, on what basis are you placing your trust in them? Have they been able to define spirit? What objective evidence have they presented to show there is any reason to trust them? How do they explain the fact that they are adding to the Bible rather than letting the text shine through on it's own merits?

Now, as far as what "spirit" is, the Bible simply defines it as unseen forces/beings which have a different "body" than humans do. Anything beyond that knowledge is a mystery.

What type of force? Thermal? Electrical? Mechanical? If it applies a force or is capable of applying a force, then it must be physical or at least interact with the physical world so it should be something we can detect. Spirit creatures were often visible in the Bible, so they are alive. How can a force be "alive", what kind of "body" do they have? Does this body need to eat? Do they poop? Brush their teeth? Why is it a mystery? What haven't these scholars figured it out? If there is no answer to such a basic question, why should anyone trust anything anyone says on this?

The book of Revelation tells us it is a book of "symbols" or "signs," so we know it's symbolic for sure.

There is a stop sign outside of my house, does that make stopping a symbolic act? Are you saying signs and symbols are the same? Is sign language symbolic?Signs and symbols are both real things that can have real meanings, how do you know this is not the case with Revelation? Is there a decoder guide from god we haven't seen? How do you explain this scholars all make false predictions based on Revelation and the current disagreement they have currently?

This isn't rocket science or magic here.

Agreed. Rocket science work and we know Harry Potter is fictional.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why do so many atheists, who maybe, barely, make up 9% or 10% of the population, consider themselves the only ones who have the truth and are superior to everyone else?

I've always wondered that?.....FusionTheism

There are 2.2 billion Christians in the World......There are 8 Million Jehovahs Witnesses..

Why do so many Jehovahs Witnesses,who don`t even make up 1 full percentage point in the Christian World.. Consider themselves the only ones who have the truth and are superior to everyone else?

...............................................http://www.trademarkia.com/services/home_logo.ashx?sid=85827254&size=200

Image result for Kingdom hall..Image result for Kingdom hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit