JWS slave class deaths

by formoretax 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• formoretax
    formoretax

Hello everyone!
    This is my first post and I offer thanks for all of your thoughts, some of which are almost as crazy as my own.
    I ran away at age 14 to escape and have never looked back. The decision was difficult but nothing by comparison to the trauma which followed. This organization is "EVIL" in all of its ways and should not be allowed to grow. The WTS took from me that which was rightfully mine " my rights as a child-my entire family and identity".
    My story however really is not so bad when compared to those who truly
    suffered for the WTS.
    As I skimed over much of the information offered on these sites I became alarmed.I may be a high school drop out and no genius but see a
    problem. People should consider that this organization is far more evil than once thought. Don't you remember "THINK" all those hours at the KH all those sermons, sermons about how we were persecuted.Talks given in proof of how we were of the true faith, examples of death which reinforced our beliefs. Stories of how our families were separated, women and children raped and stories of such wrong doings.
    Example after example... persecution after persecution...story after story all of which drove people to the organization in droves. What? "WE-US-YOU AND I" persecuted and put to death, I don't recall death knocking on my door..do you? I assure you that if this was happening in America or other industrialized nations this organization
    would not have grown. And we all ask ourselves why a bigoted organization would not allow those in Malawi to except a political card. Not allowing them the same rights as other JWS in other nations, a simple littel card that meant nothing. Do JWS who imagrate
    to this country not have to pledge allegiance? JWS members who lived in a country that were as poor as poor can be, a membership that was of little consequence "redundant".
    But yes success "YES" these members do have perppus and their own worth wait in gold, self persecution of the servant class. A master piece in the making a means of extracting great amounts of money from those who were touched by their suffering. Did the WTS truly show them love and is it that we gave them no thought?? Lets call this by what it was "MASS SUICIDE". I guess you can justify anything when your the people of God.
    Can we not give these people who died the respect they deserve, consider a memorial site with some true stories of horror. Show the WTS that we are not what they have become "incenced", would it not bring them into "NEW LIGHT".

ok so I go overboard sometimes?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

You know, that was a good idea?

A memorial site to those who suffered and died in Malawi?

I LOVE THIS FORUM.

Welcome to the board by the way.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

i found out about malawi too,///////// man was i mad.
    the gov body are just a bunch of haughty murderers, with bible knowledge.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I haven't heard about Malwai...how do I find out more?

By the by-when I was a JW, I remember after leaving a convention where we had just finished hearing upteen stories about refugees staying strong, people walking 1500 miles to go to one meeting through war zones-(all to show us bastard americans how easy we have it) my father (who has been a witness for 25 years said) "If I hear one more story about a double amputee who bartered his legs for bus fair to get to a bookstudy I may be ill"
    Good Old Dad...he knows it's bogus too...maybe someday he will leave...

Anyway I went on a tangent sorry...and not to detract from what was orginally said, I seriously would like more info on what really happened...

• formoretax
    formoretax

Hello.
    This is a good question with a very simple answer, one that you already have given. Your own father said he would get sick if he heard anymore stories. This shows you how important Malawi was as an axample for the organization. It was used for spiritual reinforcement and as a conduit for extracting money from those who felt persecuted.
    JWS in Portugal were also under persecution at about the same time but you heard little of it because the strories were of little consequence. You can find all you need in old publications and also try to recall some of those talks given...always ending with a cry out for money to help.
    If you want an example of white power try this link. http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/racism.htm

• SYN
    SYN

A memorial site sounds like an EXCELLENT idea, but how are we going to collect the info needed? Are there people listening who could help us? I'd be willing to help out with the HTML/site design aspects!

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Joanna,
    if you can get your hands on a copy of Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, you'll find out the whole story on Malawi.

-You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

• formoretax
    formoretax

Hello People
    Sorry for seeming so stuck up but I am new to the internet game and have lots to learn.
    In response to the source of information needed to create a site could you not use the stories printed by the WTS? You could also follow it up with some personal stories that took place within the states which would not be as difficult to acquire.
    This article was only a theory I developed and was expecting harsh criticism, however the lack criticism showed me otherwise.
    PS. whats up with lleps kcehc?

• formoretax
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

http://www.dtl.org/cults/treatise/jws-cult-2.htm

Second, often, the witnesses bring the persecution on themselves. Ray Franz is a former member of the Governing Body and nephew of the current president of the WT, Fred Franz. As a member of the board, he was fully acquainted with the persecution JWs were experiencing in Malawi between 1964-75.

He states:
    Beginning in 1964, JWs in Malawi began to experience persecution and violence on a scale unequaled in modern times . . . . In the first attack, 1,081 Malawi families saw their little homes burned or otherwise demolished, 588 fields of crops destroyed. In the 1967 attacks, Witnesses reported the rapings of more than one thousand of their women, one mother being sexually violated by six different men, her thirteen-year-old daughter by three men . . . . In each wave of violence, beatings, torture and even murder went virtually unchecked by the authorities . . . (Franz, p. 112).

Such atrocities are to be condemned.

However, Franz continues:
    What was the issue around which this recurrent storm of violence revolved? It was the refusal of the Witnesses to purchase a party card of the ruling political party . . . . JWs who inquired were told that to buy such a party card would be a violation of their Christian neutrality, a compromise, hence, unfaithfulness to God . . . . The vast majority of Malawaian Witnesses held firm to that position even though at enormous cost to themselves (Franz, p. 112).

What is especially disturbing about this situation was that the board took a totally different position concerning a similar situation occurring at the same time in Mexico.

Franz relates:
    Put briefly, in Mexico men of draft age are required to undergo a specified period of military training during a period of one year. Upon registration the registrant receives a certificate or "cartilla" with places for noting down attendance at weekly military instruction classes. It is illegal and punishable for any official to fill in this attendance record if the registrant has not actually attended. But officials can be bribed to do so. According to the Branch Office Committee this is also a common practice among JWs in Mexico (Franz, p. 119).

Why do the Witnesses in Mexico break the law and bribe officials to get this card? Because the Governing Body told then to do so! Franz includes a copy of a letter the board sent to Mexico on page 121 of his book.

The letter stated in part:
    If members of the military establishment are willing to accept such an arrangement upon the payment of a fee then that is the responsibility of these representatives of the national organization . . . . If the consciences of certain brothers allow then to enter into such an arrangement for their continued freedom, we have no objection. Of course, if they get into any difficulties over their course of action then they are to shoulder such difficulties themselves, and we could not offer them any assistance (Franz, p. 121).

It was this type of coldness shown on part of the Governing Body and their double standards that convinced Franz that they were not being led by the Holy Spirit as they claimed and caused him to leave the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit