WT labels views of 'critics' as MOST UNRELIABLE

by Insider 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Insider
    Insider

WT labels views of persons who disagree with them as MOST UNRELIABLE.

Follow the link to the official WT statement against all critics:

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/3143732856.htm

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Actually, it labels people that were once part of their group but who are no longer as being "most unreliable".

The fact is, a cult desperate to justify their own authority is even more "unreliable".

Path

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ouch that hurts.

- Nathan Natas
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: WT labels views of persons who disagree with them as MOST UNRELIABLE.

More name-hurling. Same total absence of evidence. They've said for years that critics say lies, half-truths and "twist" WT teachings. They never give solid examples of those charges.

Dumb little dubbies just swallow all that crap and go blindly on their way without doing any follow-up or research on their own.

That's why they are a cult with members either too lazy or to brainwashed to do any of their own work and thinking.

Farkel

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Insider

What is your point in posting this view of someone being used by the WTS as an authority (Dr???) they agree with.

Do you agree with this opinion or are you posting this to show us what the WTS's latest spin on the WTS website is on opposers?

Personally, I find his "authoritative opinion" rather juvenile.

"There are very very few people going around with nasty tales about being a Witness". How many is a "very very few". Obviously he has not read any of the posts many many have posted just here alone.

To label someone who opposes the WTS policies and beliefs as a "sorehead" that should be ignored...obviously just because he disagrees with the WTS is just too unbelievably ignorant of real life.

This "Dr" should be embarrassing to the WTS...it is to me to think I once was an avid JW... and to think that this is an example of what their stand is. sheesh!!!!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• garybuss
    garybuss

'

Obviously Jehovah's earthly organization has abandoned it's long standing policy of ignoring criticizers and vocal dissidents.

I wonder . . . why?

gb

• AlanF
    AlanF

Coming from a man who has attended all-expense-paid academic junkets in Hawaii, given by the Scientologists and others, one should take Rodney Stark's opinions with a grain of salt.

AlanF

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

HadEnough:

This "Dr" should be embarrassing to the WTS...it is to me to think I once was an avid JW... and to think that this is an example of what their stand is. sheesh!!!!

I agree .. his credentials and employment history fail to show a strong suit as an expert in Sociology. He isn't a professor now and according to the Bio hasn't been for a long time. They are really scraping the bottom of the mental food chain to dig up some support.

~Bugs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Alan!

Thanks for that. Its' something well worth knowing.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Alan,
    Are you saying this guy is a scientologist? I was looking all over the web, and found lots of books, lectures, etc by this guy..but didn't see this. Do you have a URL? This is very interesting.

From the little reading I did, I got the impression he is a detatched professor type person, who studies religions and people like us in a detatched, cold sort of way...as if we are interesting bugs or something. I am guessing the idea of the JWs or ex-JWs being 'right' is not an idea he even thinks about. Of course, this is all just my impression from reading a few passages of his. If anyone has more info on this person, please post!

-Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit