Can This Be True?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I was very tired today, still am. Age is getting to me. Well, when I'm tired I spend my time watching whatever I find interesting on the net, news etc. Then in some self-hate moment I went back to JW Broadcasting and watched a few videos there. I say self-hate because it hurts, sometimes it hurts too much.

At any rate, afterwards I'm thinking about the video you all were talking about here the one which will be shown at the Regional Convention where a child puts money into the contribution box rather than buy an ice cream with it. I started giving thought to that and could not stop thinking about it and then it hit me.

That video will be shown to millions of parents around the world. Millions of parents with millions of small children and grandchildren. What will the parents and children want to do after watching that video. It would be perfectly natural for children who have already come to love Caleb and Sophia, to want to put something in box in imitation of them. And the parents and grandparents will naturally feel pride, and be encouraged by the child, to give them a dollar or a coin to put in the box. In fact why not put in a dollar or coin every day of the Convention?

How much money even in coins or single dollars will have then be put in the contribution boxes by millions of children wanting to imitate Sophia? And this at conventions all around the world.

So my thinking kept on. Could it be that's why this video's release was kept for the Conventions around the world and was not first released on the JW dot org site? Could this actually be the plan? To get millions of children to put money in the boxes at the Conventions around the world? Can they really be that calculating, that cold, that evil?

Can this be true?

As I said I'm very tired. Not just physically but emotionally too. I'm ready to take a good look at my life and my religion. I'm ready to let the rain sink in. Ready to allow all this really soak in my bones and then see how it feels. Do I stay? Stay in my religion? Do I run for the door? Do I have the energy to continue to try and help the few I can at the KH or do I run away in horror at what is going on? They will see it in my face at the next meeting. I know it.

I have truly enjoyed my time here. I hope I've not hurt anyone's feelings or given cause for complaint if so I sincerely apologize. We may never meet but I sure hope you all will be happy and satisfied in this life and though many here do not believe I do hope to have a laugh and glass of wine with all here in the next life.

I'm not saying goodbye, I'm just not sure where I go from here and what I will do. I love my books perhaps I'll spend time getting to know them again or anew.

With much love and respect to all here,

Frank

• millie210
    millie210

Its been a pleasure to meet you Frank.

Its a hard and rocky place trying to make the decisions you are. I was there once too. I wish you all the best and have enjoyed reading your posts.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Frank, get some sleep. Think about this when you are not so tired. There is no rush <3
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I enjoyed reading your post. I feel your pain every Tuesday evening, Sunday morning, and some Saturday mornings. Leaving this cult is so difficult. Best of luck to you.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What you suggested about the timing of the release to allow children to actually drop something in the box right away after seeing the video, YES- You bet that was the plan.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I recoil in disgust too Frank every time I watch that video. It truly is disgusting. I know and the GB know as well how many children will see this video and give up their ice cream money. It's not enough they have to deprive the children of Christmas,birthday celebrations and normal childhoods but they take the money that these children would waste on a simple childhood pleasure of ice cream and no doubt use it to defend against the likes of Candace Conti. If their not evil I don't know who is.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hi Frank there was a thread already started concerning that video and from all indications it is legitimate , but don't hold me to that.

Here's the thread

Link is here just click on it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/284660001/new-wt-video-like-taking-money-from-baby

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have enjoyed your posts and I wish you well no matter what direction your life takes. You have a good heart and mind and I am sure you will find the right path for you and your family.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

While it is the plan to get every last cent from every child, things like this tend to be quickly forgotten by the sheeple. That's been my experience in 3 different congregations. You might be able to muster some high contributions a few months, but it would invariably drop off. But I've never been in a "rich congregation". Most of the dubs I knew made very little money and were already spending more than they were making. Few of the JW kids had any kind of part time jobs to make their own money because the cult demanded their evenings and weekends when most kids I grew up with were picking up some work.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

HMTM you may like these sites, I go there and print up articles to read at home quietly :

perimeno.ca and Beroean Pickets

Take care man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit