At the RC now part 2

by All for show 26 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

There were 5500 there today. Everyone looked haggard and beat down. Not refreshing. We left early, I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack. They mentioned jesus, being like him. But nothing how he is our king, redeemer, nothing.

what killed it was them talking about how the Pharisees placed an undue burden, non biblical rules on their followers. At the lunch people were saying how encouraging that was. HELLO... You all are following modern day Pharisees. We had to leave it was so patronizing. There were words and sentences, but void of anything uplifting. We felt so sad for the people there, struggling to be there doing what they think is right.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AFS: void of anything uplifting

That pretty much sums it up!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Whaaaaaat no pictures?

But, but, I have seen them in the publications. Jesus going witnessing, first century meetings it's all there.

Satan must have removed all the pictures of the GB from the Bible. Bloody Satan, what a prankster he is.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All for show: We felt so sad for the people there, struggling to be there doing what they think is right.

yes, true, BUT they have brains too that they can use to "test out" this stuff if they CHOOSE to.....

• richgirl
    richgirl

What grandpa said makes my day!! The convention programmes have really become dumbed down over the last few years. The symposiums especially. It is not possible to get into any depth, or anything "meaty", in 10 minutes parts. Sure, it makes the time seem to go faster, but otherwise it's just a rehash of baby food!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

they asked why the bible has no pictures. Because it was before photography.

So, why didn't Jesus invent photography, movable type, computers, the Internet, and DVDs?

...I guess he wasn't so 'perfect' after all.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

...they asked why the bible has no pictures. Because it was before photography.

Could not the writers of the Bible have made line drawings?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

10 minute [my.nute] parts so that you cant get creative and put some really "deep" thoughts of your own into the material. And then the little piece of outline you get with the assignment is now technically a manuscript - And of course you do know that Uber-brother Assembly Overseer is sitting in his office following your every word with a copy of your outline just in case you decide to go "extremist" and put in a side-ways thought or two !

• smiddy
    smiddy

Obviously the Israelite`s didn`t learn anything from their captivity in Egypt ,maybe another 400 years and they might have learnt how to draw.

smiddy

• tiki
    tiki
    I just can't believe how pathetic this religion has gotten.........talk about dumbed down.......imbecilic......and I thought it was pretty simplistic back in the day......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit