At the RC now

by All for show 11 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

At the RC... between parents and grandparents... gag

The first talk... " we Jehovah's witnesses want to assure you, YES, we believe in Jesus. He was the greatest of Jehovah's creation"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nooooo. You there for 3 frickin days?

The obvious question is, ... why?

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape
    Hey you might be in my area! Have fun! You'll get through it
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Poor thing! Sorry you have to endure the torture!
  • pixel
    pixel

we Jehovah's witnesses want to assure you, YES, we believe in Jesus.

Sure. If it was true, they wouldn't have to mention it.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

..."we Jehovah's witnesses want to assure you, YES, we believe in Jesus"....

That is a very strange statement to make at a convention.... That they have to publicly announce that they believe in Jesus?!. This seems to be due to the realization that many are deeply concerned at the total absence of Christ within this religion, except as a cursory ......."in Christ's name, amen.." at the end of a prayer.

Did they also publicly announce that they recognized Christ's authority and head ship over congregations? If not, then all they are saying is so much smoothing over, of the objections people have made with increasing frequency both inside and outside of this religion. I was at a meeting recently which was a hookup for Australasian regions from Bethel in Sydney. This was a rotten meeting to stumble upon (really, I had not been to a meeting for ages) The whole thing started off, with a rather stern setting down of the rules of the day.

1 No recording

2 No photography

3 Note taking is allowed, but you may not share your' notes with anyone outside of this meeting.

I was gob smacked at this little preamble to this so called special meeting. Brothers paced the place, looking anything but godly. They were really watching their own people, plus people like me (who scribbled furiously), to make sure this regulation was enforced. The whole thing was about gloating and bloating. The constant requests for money did not raise any thing more than a desultory sort of "clap clap clap" with each substantiation of why "we need your' help". No mention of Christ, just the GB

• pixel
    pixel

1 No recording

2 No photography

3 Note taking is allowed, but you may not share your' notes with anyone outside of this meeting.

Creepy.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

It was more than creepy, although it was that too. It felt paranoid, as though they viewed everyone as a potential threat. There was this screen where the brothers' usually stand to give their talks. When the customary "song" was played over this hookup, those at the meeting paid no attention to it. Sydney Bethelite's were singing for them, so why look foolish and try to grab the spirit of the moment.

I was refused a study magazine for reasons unknown to me. There is something wrong with the entire feeling and atmosphere of this religion nowadays.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Getting weirder every day.
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Is the baptism Saturday? Could u guess about how many getting baptized?, how many of baptized are JW youth? What attendance #?

I am guessing average attendance 3,700/4,000 depending on locations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit