A Whole New Watchtower Society (Governing Body 3.0 / Simplified Society)

by FusionTheism 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

One other thing to consider:

What good has being "an apostate" (in the sense of rabidly opposing and hating the Governing Body) done in the past 60 years to bring about any changes or downfall of the Society?

As President Obama likes to say, "If an approach hasn't worked in 50 years, it's time to try something new."

• azor
    azor

Your approach has been tried. Most here are not opposing wt. Rabid is also an interesting choice of words. Pretty judgemental I think. Before you continue to cast stones at what you know not, continue your research.

You obviously have started to wake up to the fact that the GB has made many mistakes. Is it possible much of religion as a whole has as well, and why stop there with your critical thinking. If you have truth or just accept something as truth what is the evidence for it. Blind faith is just that blind, it stops critical thinking.

I recommend checking out the truth that a former Pentecostal came to with much study about his religion and how he valued truth above all else. YouTube evid3nc3. I would only check it out though if you value truth above all else.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Azor,

I've been "out" or "awakened" as you call it on here for 12+ years.

I am a deep, critical thinking skeptic, and yes, that has STILL led me to Jesus and the New Testament.

All thinking roads absolutely do not lead to atheism or to anti-theism.

Just look at Francis Collins, Barack Obama, and Martin Luther King, Jr.

• azor
    azor

It surprises me that you have been out that long. You still come across as so judgemental. Religion stops critical thinking and citing what I can only imagine are utilitarian examples in no way makes what one believes about a higher power true.

I value truth above all else including God. If what you state is true than it has nothing to fear from criticism. It will hold up to all as it is "true". If you are unwilling to examine the other side how are you or others that believe the same as you any different than a jw that calls all who disagree with there annointed leaders apostates?

• a watcher
    a watcher

The Watchtower Society cannot be changed.

The trick is to make it work for YOU.

The WTS has many things to offer. Take the ones that strengthen YOUR spirituality and discard the rest.

• Lieu
    Lieu

You forgot "invisible enthronements" and rabid analogies of us (annointed)verse them(earthies).

The 1914 invisible enthronement is the WTBTS very reason for existence. Their claim to fame so to speak. I guess that whole sit at my right hand business was a lie since Christ's enemies are running amok while he's supposedly enthroned already. Either that or he should be fired for doing a piss poor job. I see no seasons of refreshing.

Also the many analogies make absolutely no sense. At times, they're just plain stupid. Some things were said just for the people of that time. Most things said do not have double meanings.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I like a lot of your suggestions. Up until recently, I wished for a lot of the same changes as well. But I have come to realize that history repeats itself over and over and over again in regards to religion. A new movement or awakening often starts out with good intentions. Someone honestly tries to improve something off of the original belief system. But no matter how many revisions, fixes and improvements are made, the leaders who made them end up getting drunk with power and abusing and overly dominating their followers. The new religion always gets wrapped up in making money, as if God needs money, what a joke.

I've come to 2 conclusions:

1. God is a figment of the imagination. Or,

2. God doesn't care about us in the way that we want him to.

Either way, history proves that you don't need bumbling, stumbling humans to worship God.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Subscribed
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! The Eldubs sure are taking the lead in following other humans!

Here is the problem with paradise earth, it's never mentioned in the scriptures. Saying that the "meek shall inherit the earth" can mean "land." Poor people were told that if they are meek, they will get some land of their own...someday. Those people all died.

You can say, " May the King live to time indefinite!! ", that's just a colloquial saying, cause he died like everyone else. People being promised a future reward is the carrot.

You have to make a HUGE assumption about a matter the scriptures are silent about, if you want paradise earth. You have to assume that YHWH wanted Adam and Eve and all their children to remain on Earth forever. We simply don't know what Jeehoober's plan was, only that he couldn't control his heavenly children or couldn't forsee the rebellion coming. Then he "allowed" things to go to shit, just so he can say, " I told you I was awesome."

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A Watcher is right. Remember that the bible says, " Do not follow after the crowd for evil ends....unless it really works for you and strengthens your faith..."

I'm sure Revelation says, " Get out of her my people...unless it's working for you.."

I will say this, most of the people I currently associate are genuinely nice. They are just deluded and misled by the WTBTS gurus/charlatans.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit