GAMES

by ballistic 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

ANyone fancy a break from all this dateline and you knows world war 3?

What about gaming? Who's into unreal and LAN gaming?

• Valis
    Valis

I like Age of Empires and am up for most RPGs if they are too hard to learn. I've played D&D, AD&D, Gorps, and a couple others I can't remember due to no short term....I also play Age of Empires sometimes. See I told you..no short term memory...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

My work has arranged an unreal tournament for 16 LAN users next wednesday. I cant wait. I have a LAN at home but the PCs and network will only support 4 - 5 PCs without performance loss. We've played all the unreal / SOF / wolfenstein incarnations plus I like strategy like metal fatigue and C&C (but I cant find anyone else who does). Havent tried AofE to be honest.

• ballistic
    ballistic

hmmm, ok. I going down the pub. and guess what? I'm gunna get PISSED for once!!!! (this week)

ok, all you people outside the UK - this is a really cool thing to do by the way.

• simwitness
    simwitness

Enjoy Diablo and RPG style games, and many of the RTS style (Red Alert, etc...)

Nothing like a good diversion...

Minesweeper is also strangely addicting.

• JanH
    JanH

I remember I bought my first network card the day Doom was realeased, and hooked up to a neighbour's machine for hours of mindless slaughter. Later, I was involved in the Quake (1) scene, including membership in a quite decent clan, The Vicious Vikings! LOL.

My nick was Argh or [VV]Argh. Still use a variation of this nick on Yahoo! Messenger

This is many years ago. It took way too much time and effort to remain good, though. The Q1 world still exists, 7 (?) years after the game's release, and is thriving as QuakeWorld. Today I would probably not be able to score 1 frag for 100 against if I went up against even a medium ranked player.

Has ever since played a bit Q2 and Q3 online, but just for fun.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• Pancho
    Pancho

Hi realy like Unreal. I have Unreal 1 the only problem is, I just can't seem to get pass the Titan. He simply won't die :( And I can barely last 10 seconds in the Arena. Help!

• Xander
    Xander

Tribes 2 for me online. Played some Unreal, not a big fan. Too hectic - no strategy - and ruled by people with low pings. Bad for us modem guys.

Anyone play Morrowind yet? OMG, that game is awesome. MUST HAVE if you have a GF3 or GF4 (or Radeon 8500) for the graphics show-off capability alone. Gameplay kicks, too. Completely, 100%, totally open. Single-player only, though, which kept me from buying it for a long time. Glad I did, though.

It's cool because the game runs off of 1 CD - the other CD they ship with it is the full development kit that was used to create the 'world'. Plus, mods are easily stored as 'plug-ins'. Game's only been out a month or so and the modding community has gone nuts with it.

Deus Ex is also very cool single player.

Mostly, I do flight sims, though. Falcon 4.0 (sp2 mod) and Jane's F/A-18 (tsh mod) along with Il-2 when I feel like a WW2 flight sim.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'm a Dark Age of Camelot junkie right now. Ghost Recon and Counter-Strike are my two other loves.

• Xander
    Xander

I understand Dark Age of Camelot uses the graphics engine a generation back from Morrowind (MW uses 'NetImmerse4' and DAoC uses 'NetImmerse3').

Obviously, that has nothing to do with gameplay, but I imagine things like level or zone loading times and such will be similar as a result.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit