Newspaper article: 'Rise of ISIS and earthquakes are WARNINGS before ARMAGEDDON destroys Earth'

by AndersonsInfo 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Loved the quotes from Paul Grundy of jwfacts!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quaterback says .....

The WTS didn't predict in that WT article that the end could come this year.

True, it looks like the Examiner over sensationalized the fear mongering sensationalism of the WTS. article.

What is kind of laughable is that this particular article could have come from out of an Awake magazine in the 1950's and one would never have known it.

Its just the same old fear mongering the WTS uses to allure people and then entrap them into the organization for exploitation and manipulation purposes.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Angels show up in white robes and have wings...they always look clean and bright.

Angelic creatures show up in wife beater tee shirts and black jeans. They carry chains and never wash.

• steve2
    steve2

Sanitized mass killings. ISIS has nothing on "angelic creatures" - but both evoke a sense of creepiness. As with ISIS, this sort of fundamentalist widespread killing of humankind is sanctioned - if not ordered - by old Holy books that promote barbarism as "Divine" justice - somehow because a Divine entity is behind the mass killings, it makes the destruction more palatable.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

If WTBTS has so much inside information from being the one and only true "God's Channel", why didn't the WTBTS have any expectations/predictions/"prophecies" that ISIS would appear on the world scene and make a war into the Christian/radical Islam conflict and bring about Armageddon? Or at least the U.N. turning against the world's religions because of ISIS? Duh? It's just more Fear and Guilt that they sell soooooo well.

And is there really an increase in earthquakes? Ok, yes they have some reported in the Dallas Texas area and it is considered caused from fracking, Not life threatening. But really, I thought this subject of an increase in earthquakes has been beaten like a dead horse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And is there really an increase in earthquakes?

Ah no actually the earth's outer crust was at one time much more active with earthquakes creating some the largest mountain ranges which we see today.

Well what do you expect when the men who run the WTS , haven't been to Universities or Colleges because the men previously told them not to, they are Godless institutions .

I wouldn't be surprised that Gerrit Losch has something to do with this recent round of fear mongering, he's the same one that says that going to pursue higher education is like putting a gun to your head.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Witnesses think these two who have been preaching about the end of the world for decades, are raving lunatics but do you see the similarities to these people, their message, dress, odd speech patterns and studio set up, and what we're seeing on JW.org ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZfjpX8zSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Nk7cvwrPE

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODStudio/pub-jwb_201505_1_VIDEO

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cool--they keep the nutty stuff up and look nuttier to potential recruits.

OT but what? Are these #s right? More than 1 non-publisher attending the Memorial for every 1 publisher?

Today, there are 8.2million Jehovah's Witness evangelists, while 19.9 million celebrated their annual Memorial festival – marking Christ's death - worldwide in 2014.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

There's an irony between ISIS and Christianity. Muslims believe in end times also. According to their apocalyptic teaching they will have a messiah like leader who's referred to as Mahdi after the caliphate is established. Jesus will come down from heaven (!!!) and join the Mahdi in a fight against an antichrist figure. That will usher in an era of peace.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Jehovah's WItnesses are far from the only sect to believe we're living in the end times. Ever hear of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints (LDS)? Or the Seventh Day Adventists (SDA)? How about the Rapture? Very popular topic. Go to YouTube and search for "end times" or "red calf" or "third temple." It's all over. The WTBTS and the SDA (as well as many other Adventist groups) inherited their fascination with the last days from William Miller, but where the WTBTS erred is in its abysmal prophetic exegesis. Remember the big red illustrated book on the book of Revelation? I've read it numerous times, carefully examining the notations of its previous owner, one of the pioneers who were ordered by the elders not to come back (after only three non-confrontational meetings). I feel bad taking it, with all of its notes, which told me the poor guy spent lots of time studying the thing -- but perhaps he now thinks it is demon infested. Anyway, I had to memorize page numbers and go back and re-read some of the interpretations before grasping that they really bought in to taking biblical prophecies and connecting them to insignificant events in its history.

If one studies prophesy, one learns how the books of the Bible were written and interpreted. It's not something that can be understood without being somewhat educated in the cultures, languages, context and figures of speech used by the people who wrote them. To read of the two prophets to be raised up to Judah when the gentile armies came against them after the building of the third temple (see Rev. 14), and then point to the releasing of Jehovah's Witnesses from prison in 1919 as the fulfillment -- well, I've got to hand it to the folks with the typewriters, it was a bold move. Just as long as they can keep their people away from universities and other churches, they can probably fill up the space with anything. (Just look at the 607 B.C. thing.)

I had an economics professor who used to say that if you keep predicting doom and gloom, eventually you'll be right. But when you are, you shouldn't puff yourself up and strut around like you were right all the time. That's what some of these reporters ought to remember before they begin their stories.

---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit