Jim Whitney in Intensive Care-heart attack

by Dogpatch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I just got off the phone with Jim Whitney and he is still in intensive care, due to be released to home by the weekend. The poor guy did not have insurance, so he is going to be busy working on that angle as well, since he had a major heart attack, and need probably a quad bypass. The doctor told him "This is as bad as it gets."

Jim is tough, though, and he is in good spirits. He was mowing the lawn about Tuesday and felt it coming, called 911 and they couldn't even give him morphine for about 2.5 hours (means LOTS OF PAIN). Poor Jim, we love you and are praying for you! They cleared three blockages and there are several more to go. Jim jokingly said he didn't see any white light tunnel or God talking :-)) only peace at the time.

I asked if there was anything he wanted me to say to you guys, and he wanted to thank you all for the calls and the responses on the board here. He is in good spirits and laughing. We're pullin' for ya Jim!

If anyone wants to send a card via myself, just send to:
    Jim Whitney
    c/o Free Minds, Inc.
    PO Box 3818
    Manhattan Beach CA 90266

and I'll pass it on. Keep this boy in your prayers, we want a lot more from him.
    Randy Watters

read more of Jim's life:
    http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/partintro.htm

(Jay Walter is a pen name)
    Some of you know him as "Amazing"

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Brother Amazing come back soon.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks Randy.

I think anyone who has read Jim's writing feels that he is a "friend I haven't met yet."

Being caught with no health insurance in a spot like this is HARSH!

• i8emallup
    i8emallup

Hang in there Jim Whitney!

Bro, do you know if he needs any scratch?
    That type of medical treatment is STEEP.
    And with no insurance, that may be a problem.

If so, how do we get it to him?

• nancee park
    nancee park

Randy, he could cut and paste what he's already written onto a word processor, add a little extra, get it published for profit that could be used to help with his medical condition. Just an idea. Do you know a good publisher of exJW books online or off? You might be one possibility or maybe you could suggest another party?

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

JIM!!!

YOU BETTER GET WELL, MAN. You're a wikid guy and I'll help you out however I can!!!

Jer.

RANDY: If he needs "scratch" I'm willing to donate some. I do have contact info for him, but is he up for receiving email/calls/ etc?? If you can send me something more up-to-date I would be appreciative!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Randy,

I spoke for some time with Jim this morning, and even though he has to really watch himself, he sounded pretty chipper. He wanted to go home tomorrow, but the doctor thought he should wait a little longer.

His doctor told him he should probably have a triple-bypass even though there are other possible ways for him to heal.

He told me he would respond to this and Alan's thread in the next several days. He said, "even though they gave me a TV in here, I didn't get to have a laptop!"

He said he's had many calls and I'm sure he appreciates that. He didn't miss DateLine, either!

Farkel

• LDH
    LDH

FYI if you want to send cards you may also try:

Alexian Brothers Medical Center
    800 Biesterfield Rd
    Elk Grove, IL 60007

ATTN: "AMAZING" Jim Whitney

I would recommend sending cards sooner rather than later.

Lisa

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for the update Randy and for the contact info.

Let him know we miss him round here!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Dittos to what Simon said.

My step dad had a heart attack (first one) three weeks ago. He was in the hospital for almost two weeks. A section of his heart died. He is doing fine now and is somewhat back to his old routine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit