How would the elders handle 30 counts of rape?

by JAVA 2 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

I read the story below from my hometown paper, and wondered how the elders would have handled this if it was brought to their attention?

Jamestown man indicted on 30 counts of rape
    Associated Press

XENIA | A Jamestown man is in the Greene County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond after a county grand jury indicted him on 30 counts of rape.

The man, 38, is accused of raping his daughter repeatedly from 1999, when she was in seventh grade, until 2001, when she told him to stop, according to county sheriff’s Maj. William Harden.

Deputies were notified about the case after the brother saw the girl performing oral sex on her father, Harden said.

[From the Dayton Daily News: 05.30.2002]

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gee, Java, that is a very disturbing story.

I guess that if they were witnesses and the elders found this out they would simply call legal who would then ask the elders what state they were in. If it was a non-reporting state they would be advised to "leave the matter in Jehovah's hands". Seems incredible, huh? But wait, there was a witness! I guess they could call the cops now.

• thinker
    thinker

Sorry Dutchie, but it takes at least TWO witnesses. They could always DF the brother for "bringing reproach upon Jah's organization" by calling the cops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit