Building 500 new kingdom halls?

by Coded Logic 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The WTBTS has to know they aren't actually going to see their numbers significantly jump anytime soon/ever right? Are they planning on cutting the RBC down to 1/10th the work force so they can actually slow down their KH projects instead of increasing them? Or do they think their little website scheme is actually going to bring in more people?

This is just all bluster and saber rattling right?

(From LCD Seminar)

Here is the task of the LDC: Build 5 times as many Kingdom halls with 1/10 the work force – oh, and 1 more thing – do it for no money!

Jehovah likes impossible odds – this way its clear that He is with his people

Right now we have:

132 RBC’s

1350 overseers

270,000 people in Builder Assist (we want to reduce this down to 30,000)

STANDARIZATION = SIMPLIFICATION=ACCELERATION

• 617 / week are getting baptized – he is angry

• 32,518 / year

• We built only 65 new KH in past year – we have a back log of 500 halls to be built plus more every day

Full Seminar posted by Sourgrapes:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/289353/1/LDC-Semininar

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's brilliant, actually.

Create a false need (500 KHs plus more everyday), pare the LDC down to bare-minimum numbers, all the while non-critically thinking JWs continue to donate money for KHs that will never be built.

All with zero financial transparency from WT.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

We know the new halls aren't to accommodate growth... There is no growth to speak of in the US.

So the 500 new halls must be to replace old ones? either they are beyond repair or (more likely) they are replacing investments that have matured (property value has peaked).

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I really don't understand WT "logic". Why boast about all the KH they're going to build and then cancel all projects a couple of months later?

So weird. I honestly can't make heads or tails of this.

• cobweb
    cobweb

could it be a way to make money by using the free volunteer labour to build, incentivise the jws to donate all the while making them excited at the prospect of progress and then sell them for profit a little while later? Don't know why the'd be cutting down workforce tho. 

just noticed this is a year old thread lol

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

This say the can continue to say "we have such a great need for halls we can't keep up."

Then they can tag whatever crap statement the want to the end of that depending on what's needed.

• sir82
    sir82

To me, it's more than a little surprising that nearly 1-1/2 years after the big dog-n-pony show rolling out the new LDC arrangement, and after the rush to appropriate nearly all "extra" funds from every congregation, that nearly no one (at least in my circle) is wondering...."why the heck aren't there any Kingdom Halls being built?"

I can understand Joe Average-JW not noticing, but a lot prominent JW muckety-mucks were heavily involved in RBC work. They've been sitting around twiddling their thumbs for over a year. And nobody even says "boo"?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think a lot of JWs feel inadequate to second guess "mother". If the org says it's building halls then it must be happening somewhere. The typical dub would just think they don't know anyone in the area(s) where the construction is actually happening.

To find out otherwise the dub would have to actively think about it and question it - thought stopping makes sure that won't happen. So they just go on their merrily way "knowing" Kh are being built somewhere for all the new ones.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

They aren't allowed to say boo. They aren't allowed to look behind the curtain.

Here is a theory. Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Just for sake of argument, let's say the board of directors is awake and the GB are the delusional ones. The GB comes up with this building extravaganza expecting God to swoop in and bless the project because they prayed together and are the chosen ones. The board meanwhile is telling them they are nut jobs and the company is already losing money.

Anyway, the GB win out and launch this LDC bologna. 9 months later money is pouring out on construction and the same trickle is coming in like before. In other words they are hemorrhaging money. The board shuts them down. GB are left to deal with reality and embarrassment.

They proceed with PR damage control and here we are. Just a theory...

• sir82
    sir82

If the org says it's building halls then it must be happening somewhere.

Yeah but the RBC was kind of like a big fraternity. You talk to your buddies in other areas to see what they are working on. Most RBC-ers would only know those in their area, but there are a lot who have connections all over the US.

Plus, the org. isn't saying KHs are being built. It said they would, 1-1/2 years ago, then totally dead radio silence. You'd think it would be trumpeted every month on their 700 Club, er, JW Broadcasting.

Here is a theory. Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

LOL, I have no trouble believing that one!

The rest of your post is as valid a guess as any other. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit