Is this why the book is grey?

by Doug Mason 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The 2014 revised edition of "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" uses the text of the 2013 NWT. I therefore assume this is the reason for the grey colour of the "Bible Teach" book.

Examples of the adjustments appear at pages 216 and 217 of the book:

(1) The revised text of Ezekiel 21:26, 27

(2) Use of "tree of enormous height" instead of "an immense tree", to match the change at Daniel 4:10

(3) Use of "1,260 days" instead of "a thousand two hundred and sixty days" to match the revision at Revelation 12:6.

Doug

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I have no inside information but i would guess "yes". They have already announced a new grey song book of the same material as the bible, the color of the teach book seems to go with that theme. How appropriate that drab religion chose grey as its color.

• watson
    watson

A lot of "grey" areas.

• steve2
    steve2

I feel constrained to write what I had said when the grey NWT was released: "The light is getting greyer and greyer".

The creeping greyness in the organization is becoming clearer to see.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Use of "tree of enormous height" instead of "an immense tree", to match the change at Daniel 4:10

When I read this it was like reading Daniel for the first time (w 3/14/15, study edition). Thank you WT!

"What Does the Bible Really Teach?"

I think, in reality, WT is actually asking here. They want to know.

• steve2
    steve2

I love it when writers and/or editors insert the word "Really" in an article's title. It is shorthand for "Even though the

topic is complex and been covered ad infinitum over the years, we will try and dupe you with a really superficial answer".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

50 shades of Grey?

(well, the org is full of jerks / wankers / tossers....)

• bigmac
  • prologos
    prologos

This neutral colour will not clash with that of accesories and SOCKS, for those that have an eye or two for such matters.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

grey...It's probably cheaper to buy 1 color of book making materials instead of a whole bunch of different colors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit