Life is Wonderful When Your Free

by bajarama 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• bajarama
    bajarama

My name is Brian. In the past few years I 'm happy to say, "I have gained myself and one of my sisters." I was forced to leave behind the rest of my family, friends and a mind control group some call the (please insert profanity of your choice) wAtCHtoWeR. They call this lovely process being, "DF'D". I call it, "The fast track to freedom."

Shortly after I was married my parents started playing mind games. They would come over every couple of months or so.[b} I believe sooth their consciences, and throw in some jw punches.[/b] My mom would say, "We want to see our grandchildren, honey dear" They would stay for a few hours make a few comments about the end of the world, then leave. This was a emotional roller coaster. It's funny how my mother and father who lived only a few miles away at the time, would not call or talk to you for months on end. Then out of the blue (or when their conscience got the best of them) they would want to come over and act like nothing is wrong. We love you so much this, we love you so much that. Bring gifts, money, food and fresh veggies from the garden. Yes, they would bring food for us to eat, but would not eat with us.

I finally told them they where welcome to come by any time, but the next time they would have to sit down to dinner and eat with me and my family. I also let the rest of my family and friends know, "Your welcome anytime, just treat me with respect and be ready to eat a great meal."

To say the least only one out of my five brothers and sisters has called me since, I haven't seen or heard from my mother or father since.

My sister and I have both read C.O.C by Ray F. we also both went to Ritzville to support Erica and Bill. We also got to meet lots of other folks like Barbara and many others. We found out quickly we were not the only ones who went through the (please insert profanity of your choice) wATcHtoWeR brainwash cycle and surrvive.

Some may say that keeping grandparents from their grandchildren is to harsh. I will tell you I've had nothing but peace since. I will not let them continue to treat me with disrespect, they will not play their games around my children anymore. They are missing out on the best things in life, their son, daughter in-law, my son who is 2 1/2 and my daugther who is 1 1/2.

If they only knew life is wonderful when your free.

Brian

Slave no more! Now when I see witnesses out and about that I used to know, I feel proud that I have came so far.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Some may say that keeping grandparents from their grandchildren is to harsh

This is exactly what JW's whose parents leave do.

In my last congregation there was a very pious (yet alchoholic and abusive) bro who kept his kids from his wife's father, who hadn't been an active JW for years and was known to disagree with the WT way, but nonetheless was a very nice man. I shudder to think that at one time I agreed with such extreme practices...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Life is Wonderful When Your Free

Amen.
    I'm lovin' life for the first time ever.
    And I turn 30 this year.
    How simultaneously pathetic
    and wonderful is that!?

I wuz born and raised a dub
    and have been out for a year (less a day or two)
    and have found it such a RELIEF to be
    left alone by those control freaks.

i b lovin' my newfound liberty!

SPAZ

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    I was forced to leave behind the rest of my family, friends and a mind control group some call the Mind controlling, brainwashing, bunch of good for nothing wAtCHtoWeR.

Profanity inserted. Congrats on your freedom from the hellish piece of trash known as the Watchtower!

-Rick
    "Keeping an eye on the Watchtower deviants"

• Prisca
    Prisca

Life IS wonderful when you're free.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thanks for sharing. My mother and father (JWs) want to have a relationship w/my three children but refuse to do so and be respectful to me or my beliefs. I have been battling this for quite awhile and can honestly say I am tired...time to close the doors.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome Bajarama.

I'm so glad you and your sister have found freedom, but sad at the price you are paying for it with your relatives.

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Pass it along to your kids

Hugs,
    Joy2bfree

• giantjason
    giantjason

Brian,

I married got together with my wife 10 years ago. About 2 years after we moved in together she was DF'd. She has nothing but pain and torment from her mother and father for 10 years. Same situation with them they would stop in when it was conveiniant. I have recently told them they will not see their grandchildren unless they treat their daughter respectfully and without religious retribution. My Wife was born into jw so she still struggles. Luckily two of her sisters are very supportive. Heh One is Openly Gay and her mother chose not to turn her in like she did with my wife, the other is recently divorced and has had a few boyfriends who she "fornicates" with and does not hide these relationships, yet she is still a member. Her parents simply can not get ove rth DF. My wife recently Told her mom that she is no longer welcome to call her and she will never see her grandchildren. This kills me...My wife has lost everything for me but in doing so she has gained a family who loves her for who she is. My parents have accepted her wholeheartedly from the get go and show her more love than her parents ever could, plus we now have 2 beautiful children. I hope my wife can see things the way you do someday, it's very difficult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit