Kingdom chorus

by looter 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I thought singing was a form of prayer. Who is this elder to judge your prayer to god.

• looter
    looter

thanks for you guys input. I really wanted to tell him how god might feel about the watchtowers lies but im not going to blow my cover.

Stillin what a coincidence. Later the same day that same elder told me in an attempt to get me to sing louder (don't know why that is bothering him) that when he was a kid he was taking piano lessons and he asked his piano instructor to teach him how to play kingdom melodies and when his insructor read one of the songs from the songbook, the instructor was amazed commenting just how superior the writers of the song book are to most lyrist.

• Listener
    Listener

You should ask him from which scripture he gets the idea that God needs your voice, the scriptures show the opposite and that God doesn't need anything from us mere humans.

It sounds like he let this last JW TV org monthly program go to his head, there was a large portion spent on discussing how important Kingdom Songs were and anything in comparison was just candy. They also mentioned that elders needed to prepare for some meeting in January where they would be singing a new song.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

he went on a rant about how christendom and churches sing lies about God and jesus, and that the Worst sounding voice in the congregation is better than the singers of the world in jehovahs eyes. Now what does everyone here think about this?

Jehovah is partially blind but deffinately tone deaf.

• stillin
    stillin

Looter, the piano instructor who the elder remembered probably only grunted and said " nice song." By the time the elder had told and retold the story a hundred times, the instructor was a famous concert pianist who praised the witness songbook as equal to the world's greatest composers' compositions.

• millie210
    millie210

looter it sounds to me like this elder knows you have a good voice and wants you to bolster the old team spirit a bit!

even by their own standards, music is Gods gift to man.

what he (man) does with it is free will.

So if they value accuracy, thats what their own Bible teaches.

geesh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ask him what Big J thinks about huge black penises on the back of song books. LOL!! That guy puts the "dumb" in Eldumb. He sounds like a clueless watchtarded nitwit. Evidently, anyone can be an Elder, provided they tow the line and make up shit as the go along.

With TOMO 3 making up bible "facts" for millions of followers, it's only natural that your BOE will have at least one TOMO follower.

DD

• jerryjax99
    jerryjax99

Singing was a sign of my "weakness" for me. I usually would sing pretty loudly and then when I didn't care about being a model JW publicly for my parents I just stopped singning at all and it was noticed by them and elders in the cong. I just said I was too tired from work. Anyhow, we had a CO and wife who had 4 consecutive visits and they would drown out the entire cong. when it came to singing. Some of the sisters at other congs would put on that "gospel" or "oprea" tone at the end of some notes and it always made me laugh.

• looter
    looter

Wow man me too. used to sing with so much zeal but now I hate singing period. And when singing in the Kingdom hall, it just takes forever to sit down..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit