UNDERSTANDING WHY THE ORGANIZATION is a false idol and a BLASPHEMY

by Terry 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

DO WE UNDERSTAND THESE THREE WORDS: WORSHIP, IDOLATRY, and BLASPHEMY?

Most Christians have a vague notion of worship, idolatry, and blasphemy already, but

A clear definition is necessary.

We must take care to differentiate, however.

How the words appear in original language and how they are defined today might be at odds.

The meaning of the New Testament Greek word most often translated “worship” (proskuneo) is “to fall down before” or “bow down before.”

Does this surprise you?

This doesn’t seem like quite enough, does it? And yet—this is the language of the New Testament.

During President Barack Obama’s presidency, he has bowed 8 times to foreign kings and dignitaries. Certainly this was no act of worship, but deference—or—professional courtesy and nothing more.

This public courtesy is for the eyes of others.

What goes on inside the mind of the one bowing or prostrating themselves is altogether another matter.

True worship is a reaction and not a decision.

How so? Emotion is involved.

Emotion is an involuntary physical signal triggered by one’s values.

You can fake behavior, but you cannot experience emotions which are counterfeit or feigned.

Defined with this in mind we can say:

WORSHIP is a spontaneous emotional response which overwhelms the worshipper with wonder, awe, admiration and total devotion.

On a mundane level, one only has to recall the reaction of fans seeing in person such performers as the Beatles or Elvis Presley to understand the emotional and compulsive element of worship.

Note: the distinction between worship in appearance and worship from emotion in this one small scriptural descriptive is described:

Matthew 28:17New King James Version (NKJV)

17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

The most important aspect of worship is spontaneous feeling and not ritual behavior.

Faking a deeply held appraisal is without value in the spirit of true worship. It is empty of content.

Let us move on to IDOLATRY.

In Greek, eidololatria, is the transfer of respect and emotion to the IMAGE or representation rather than THE REAL thing.

In Hebrew, avodah zarah (foreign worship) references the transfer of loyalty from here to THERE.

NOTE: A clear link can be observed here. Where your heart is your emotions follow. To profess love for someone while experiencing emotions elsewhere is the key to IDOLATRY.

BLASPHEMY:

In both (Old and New) Testaments the idea of blasphemy as something that offends the religious sensibilities of others is completely absent.

Blasphemy is personal to God—it has nothing to do with how others view god.

The best example is given in the account of what happened when Moses brought the newly escaped Israelites to Mt. Sinai to receive God’s covenant and laws.

Nehemiah 9:18Revised Standard Version (RSV)

18 Even when they had made for themselves a molten calf and said, ‘This is your God who brought you up out of Egypt,’ and had committed great blasphemies. . .”

What just happened? Be very careful here not to impose preconceived ideas into this verse!

The Golden Calf was identified as ‘your God who brought you out of Egypt’ and this Golden Calf

stirred the emotions of the people. They FELT worship for IT rather than the true God.

Are you ready to combine these 3 terms, Worship, Idolatry, and Blasphemy into an UNDERSTANDING of crucial importance?

The following verses make very clear that the Living God is not a ‘respecter of persons’. . .

2 Samuel 14:14

2 Chronicles 19: 7

Acts 10: 34

Romans 2: 11

If you read those verses the clear message is simply, God does not give respect to persons.

So what?

So this, the Watchtower Organization contradicts these clear statements.

God says one thing and the Watchtower says the opposite. Why?

Before we answer this, let’s read the Watchtower definition of BLASPHEMY:

INSIGHTS IN THE SCRIPTURES, Vol. 1

“Blasphemy includes the attributes of claiming the attributes or prerogatives of God, or

ascribing these to another person or god.”

Okay, do you have that definition clearly in mind?

What now if the Watchtower Organization proceeds to do that very thing—claim attributes or prerogatives of God while ascribing these to THEMSELVES?

1. Watchtower Sept. 15, 1993: “But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and pure joy.”
    2. Watchtower Nov. 15, 1981: “. . . Come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation. . .”

Salvation is the prerogative of God, is it not?

“Blasphemy includes the attributes of claiming the attributes or prerogatives of God, or

Romans 10: 13 “For everyone who calls upon the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

NOT: “Come to Jehovah’s organization FOR SALVATION.”

Did the Apostle Paul or the other Apostles ever form an Organization and bid others to find salvation by means of it or by means of them? NO!

Acts 4:12 “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

This would include Watchtower Corporation, Kingdom Hall, Jehovah’s Witnesses and ORGANIZATION, wouldn’t it?

Salvation is not from the church, the apostles, the Bible or Organization accordingly.

At this point we can pull our understanding of BLASPHEMY closer to view and use it to analyze and clarify what claims the Watchtower ORGANIZATION is making for itself. Can it be blasphemous?

Worldwide Security under the Prince of Peace (Chapter 1)

“Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members.”

Is the Watchtower going to CLAIM FOR ITSELF the prerogative of God by this? Read on.

Watchtower Sept. 1, 1951 “Thus these gain words of salvation and seek refuge and life through Jehovah’s organization.”

Is it fair to read into these words a claim not intended?

Watchtower-Nov.1, 1990 “We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or organization.”

How then are those 3 terms (Worship, Idolatry, Blasphemy) to be understood in view of the Watchtower’s claims?

Jehovah is the only true source of prophecy BUT who was the source of the following?

1. Watchtower -March 16, 1962 “. . . This generation that is still alive from A.D. 1914 is the generation Jesus said would, “see all things occur,” including this world’s end.” “That a symbolic application to wicked persons is NOT meant at Matthew 24:34 is apparent. . . “
    2. Watchtower-Nov. 1, 1995 “. . . “This generation” apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the signs of Christ’s presence but fail to mend their ways.” i.e. ‘wicked’

Does this ‘clarification’ contradict the previous statement? Yes. Is it from Jehovah? No.

Who is assuming the prerogatives of God in making these ‘clarifications’ of prophecy?

If it is a person or organization (Yes, the Watchtower) it is an act of BLASPHEMY.

1. Watchtower Feb.15 2008 “As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern day “generation” of contemporaries that will not pass away “until all these things occur.” This suggests that some who are Christ’s anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins.”
    2. Watchtower-June 15, 2010 “Jesus evidently meant that the lives of the anointed ones who were on hand when the sign began to be evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.”

HERE were FOUR STABS at clarification. Is it Jehovah making things ‘clearer’? Was God struggling to understand what Jesus meant—or was it people claiming the attributes and prerogatives of God making fools of themselves by over reaching?

Have I gone too far?

Am I exaggerating?

Is the Governing Body of the Watchtower Organization REALLY putting itself equal to Jehovah?

Watchtower- June 1, 1956 “The slave’s will is Jehovah’s will. Rebellion against the slave is rebellion against God.”

Who is this ‘slave’? The ‘faithful and discreet slave’ which is the Watchtower’s pet phrase for the Governing Body leaders.

Remember those verses about God being “no respecter of persons”?

Now we see why.

Watchtower Organization demands loyalty and unquestioning obedience which are God’s prerogatives.

Watchtower Organization holds itself as the Mediator for salvation.

Watchtower Organization holds itself as the prophet and teacher of God’s prophetic truth—but it

Cannot seem to figure things out without repeated missteps, errors and clarifications which aren’t clear!

THE CASE FOR BLASPHEMY has been made.

What is your verdict?

One last point. Jesus and Christianity are about the rescue of mankind from sin for everlasting life.

The Watchtower disagrees with this. The Organization takes precedence over everything!

Watchtower—April 13, 1951 “God’s organization is more important to him than the salvation of an immoral or disobedient creature.”

WHAT AN OUTRAGEOUS SENSE OF SELF-IMPORTANCE!

I leave you with the words of Romans 5:8

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners Christ died for us.”

Did Jesus die for an ORGANIZATION? (The word ‘organization’ is absent from scripture.)

No.

The Organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses is led by false idols stealing emotional involvement away

from God and attaching it to themselves. This is BLASPHEMY!

The Organization has called itself MOTHER.

The Organization wants to be loved, obeyed, trusted because it is a FALSE IDOL.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent Terry...another keeper!

• johnamos
    johnamos

Terry

Is the Governing Body of the Watchtower Organization REALLY putting itself equal to Jehovah?

I put something together sometime back that I feel that the WTS/GB goes beyond putting themselves equal but actually puts themselves above. I don’t know if when I post it that it will keep the same format that I have it written in (I know that it doesn’t keep the different colors I use.) but the third heading is what I think they SHOULD use, the second heading would show they were making themselves equal, and the first which they use, shows that they put themselves above.

Also what I had written out also addresses the idolatry of the WTS/GB along with some other topics… Theses are to read by comparing. I supplied the supporting scriptures and word definitions but the WT articles on their own show that they know the proper view and encourage it but then again the majority of their articles show that they don’t practice what they preach.

I think that it is the case that there have always been faithful among the evil and the faithful see to it that the truth is put out but the evil see to it that the falsehoods is what dominates.

Notice that out of the following 3 heading that it is the 1st one that the WTS/GB chooses to use as their watchtower heading. Why don’t they use the 3rd one??? The least they could do is use the 2nd one!!!

THE WATCHTOWER

ANNOUNCING JEHOVAH’S KINGDOM

THE WATCHTOWER

THE WATCHTOWER

[Exodus 34:14 You must not prostrate yourself to another god, because Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, he is a jealous God.

Revelation 22:8 Well, I John was the one hearing and seeing these things. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that had been showing me these things. 9 But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who are prophets and of those who are observing the words of this scroll. Worship God.”]

[9-15-95 WT- ‘The Golden Calf’ And the people said: “All that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do and be obedient.”—Exodus 24:7.Nevertheless, the Israelites soon sinned against God. They were still encamped at the foot of Mount Sinai. Moses had been on the mountain many days, receiving further instruction from God, and the people pressured Moses’ brother, Aaron, to make a god for them. Aaron complied and made a calf out of gold that the people provided. It was claimed that this idol represented Jehovah. (Psalm 106:20) The next day they offered sacrifices and kept “bowing down to it.” Then they had “a good time.”—Exodus 32:1, 4, 6, 8, 17-19.]

[12-1-90 WT- We have the opportunity to show love for our brothers who take the lead in the congregation or in connection with Jehovah’s visible organization worldwide. This includes being loyal to the faithful and discreet slave. (Matthew 24:45-47) Let us face the fact that no matter how much Bible reading we have done, we would never have learned the truth on our own.]

[11-1-90 WT- Further direction comes from the faithful and discreet slave” class of anointed Christians. These have been helped by Jehovah’s spirit to understand his will progressively. (Matthew 24:45-47; Proverbs 4:18) Thus, when direction comes from Jehovah’s organization, we can wisely submit to it,]

[11-15-09 WT- By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num. 16:1-3) On the contrary, we should cherishour privilege to cooperate with the slave class.]

[4-15-13 WT- How do we demonstrate our support for the arrangements made by Jehovah’s organization? One important way is by always putting our confidence in the ones whom Jehovah and Jesus are trusting to lead us in our preaching work.]

[2-15-09 WT- Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?]

[Psalm 146:3 Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.]

Veneration- the feeling of a person who venerates; a feeling of awe, respect, etc.; reverence:

Adoration- the act of paying honor, as to a divine being; worship.

Cherish- to hold or treat as dear; feel love for:

Submit- to defer to another's judgment, opinion, decision, etc.

Loyal- faithful to any leader, party, or cause, or to any person or thing conceived as deserving fidelity:

Confidence- full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing:

Trust- reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing;

[Insight Vol 1 IDOL, IDOLATRY- An idol isan image, a representation of anything, or a symbol that is an object of passionate devotion, whether material or imagined. Generally speaking, idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol. It is usually practiced toward a real or supposed higher power, whether such power is believed to have animate existence (as a human, an animal, or an organization) or is inanimate (as a force or lifeless object of nature).]

Luke 17:10So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’”

[6-1-01 WT- Jesus set out the principle: “Do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your teacher, whereas all you are brothers. Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for your Leader is one, the Christ. But the greatest one among you must be your minister.” (Matthew 23:8-11) A congregation of brothers precludes having a proudclergyclass that honors itself with high-sounding titles and elevates itself above a laity.]

[12-1-19 WT- "Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of "that faithful and wise servant," and that his great work was giving to the Household of Faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title,]

[4-1-07 WT- Showing Due Respect forthe Faithful Slave

A fundamental reason for showing proper respect for the faithful slave class is that by so doing, we are in fact showing respect for the Master, Jesus Christ.…Therefore, when we loyally submit to the direction of the faithful slave and its GoverningBody, we are submitting to Christ, the slave’s Master….For this reason, all in the congregation view it as their sacred duty to follow and uphold the direction coming from the faithful slave and its GoverningBody….Symbolically, the other sheep today walk behind the anointed slave class and its GoverningBody, following their leadership….The other sheep are happy and grateful to serve Jehovah under the oversight of the slave classand its GoverningBody.]

Veneration- the feeling of a person who venerates; a feeling of awe, respect, etc.; reverence:

[Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

1 Corinthians 1:14 I am thankful I baptized none of YOU except Cris´pus and Ga´ius, 15 so that no one may say that YOU were baptized in my name.]

[7-1-55 WT- A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit.]

[10-1-66 WT- This is what we mean when we dedicate our lives to Jehovah. We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself.]

[7-1-56 WT- Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him the Father through his Son Jesus Christ?
    On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightenment of the holy spirit?"]

[6-1-85 WT- "At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ's example.

The first question is:
    On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?
    The second is:
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."]

• Terry
    Terry

It struck me today writing the O.P. how little emotion I ever felt being a Jehovah's Witness, and yet it was supposed to

be about WORSHIP. Worship without feeling is what? It is pretending to feel what you do not feel.

I have truly listened as JW's extoll reverent emotion at the mention of THE ORGANIZATION and it is sickening.

How does that happen? I mean--really?

• Listener
    Listener

Excellant thread.

One aspect that is stumblying and which the organization uses today is the original earthly nation that God established a covenant with to become his people. Worship seemed to be more of a physical display rather than emotional, with written laws to be obeyed, sacrifices, fistivals and a temple. God required this showy display of worship. Was worship an emotional thing to them? Maybe that is why they were not successful in God's eyes and why Jesus needed to bring in a new covenant, one that was attainable for imperfect human. Once we appreciate and understand that worship is an emotion which comes from the heart we can be assured that this is God's will.

What the organization has done, is set itself up as a new earthly Israel on the pretence that it is a spiritual Israel. This is demonstratable on many levels but most significantly by excluding the great crowd of other sheep as being excluded from the spiritual Israel.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Each individual JW "from the least to the greatest" needs to look upon what is causing death before they can see their grave sin and acknowledge their need for life.

...Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?

Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed (reproved). But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” john 3:10-21

love michelle

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

If the organization is "Mother", then her children are bastards because she is not married.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It is hard to place yourself on a throne while you are living on this earth and expect that people will not kiss your ring. Funny how the GB keep telling the R&F that treating the brothers of Jesus is what will gain them salvation......blasphemy indeed!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It was particularly chilling when I came to the realization that JWs idolize the WTS.

• Terry
    Terry

In my lifetime, I've seen this happen.

It is like watching a really fine magician do street magic!

No matter how carefully you observe the gestures and movements--the moment the trick happens is INVISIBLE.

THE MAGIC HAPPENED.

Worshippers of Jesus were forbidden to worship Jesus.

Worshippers of Jehovah were directed to worship ORGANIZATION.

Disagreement with organization was demonized.

Ex-JW's were silenced and full loyalty without question became the marching orders for eight million people.

ALAKAZAM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit