• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Bro/Sis Average says "whaaaat....who is this Jesus, is he an apostate?"

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

There's little mention of Jesus compared to other churches the Watchtower speaks very little about him.  I wonder why they are so afraid of Jesus Christ? 

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good list Searcher.

Here is one more you can add:

Acts 8:12:   'But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized. 

Do you see 'Jehovah' stressed in this verse?  No, the only name I see highlighted is Jesus Christ!!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their are over 40,000 christian religions listed today , when J.F.Rutherford took over the control of the International Bible Students Association, (  IBSA ),their were no doubt somewhat  fewer , however J.F.R.was a lawyer and saw the need to re-brand the organization he acquired to set them apart from the crowd calling themselves christian.

And his first job was to re-brand his idea of christianity with the name Jehovah ,as the prominent God and Christ Jesus as his enthroned King .

Jesus only having a ruling time of only 1,000 years  , then handling his kingship back to his father , it became logical to put the empathis on Jehovah as the true king.

However they seem to be about 900-1000 years too early to be preaching their  message , Jesus christ has to reign for a thousand years first before the kingdom is handed back to Jehovah .

Maybe thats why none of their prophecys /predictions /expectations has ever materialised .

They are a thousand years ahead of their time 

smiddy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Here is another: 

1Cor 2:2...'For I decided not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ, and him executed one the stake.' 

In this instance they were interested in knowing only about Jesus Christ....I don't see 'Jehovah' in any close proximity.  Then in verse 16...'For who has come to know the mind of Jehovah', so that he may instruct him?  But we have the mind of Christ'.

Ist century Christians were absorbed in getting to know Jesus Christ.  Jesus at John 17:3 says of himself:  'This means everlasting life their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.' 

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

my wife lives in congnitive dissonance....she chooses the watchtowel over Jesus, me and evrything else. 

Joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life.....i wish i could turn back time.

GTTM

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

As I mentioned in another post, at the assembly last weekend the name Jesus was used in the prayers

only. So that was 3 times total for the whole day. He was not mentioned in any parts but we were admon-

ished to turn down 6 figure salaries and to stay away from massage parlors and strip clubs.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    I talk about Jesus to my mom and she gets a sad look on her face and once she said "He's going to give the kingdom back to Jehovah anyway"....so, there's that. I'm not sure why she gets so upset when I mention him.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

John 17: 6 I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word. 7 They have now come to know that all the things you gave me are from you; 8 because the sayings that you gave me I have given to them, and they have received them and have certainly come to know that I came out as your representative, and they have believed that you sent me forth. 9 I make request concerning them; I make request, not concerning the world, but concerning those you have given me; because they are yours, 10 and all my things are yours and yours are mine, and I have been glorified among them. 11 “Also, I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are.

John 17: 26 And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

Matthew 6:9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you must call his name Jesus,

Luke 1:31 and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus.

Luke 2:21 Now when eight days came to the full for circumcising him, his name was also called Jesus, the name called by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Philippians 2:9 For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,

The english name “Jesus’ is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which corresponds to the Hebrew Yehoshua (Jehoshua) and means “Yehowah (Jehovah) Is Salvation”.

יהוה These four letters (written from right to left) may be transliterated into English as YHWH (or, JHVH).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit