The official requirement for salvation in the latest WT, nothing to do with Jesus......

by EndofMysteries 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

No offense intended to the GB, but it's a whole lot simpler than that...

And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to drink because he is a disciple, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward. - Matt 10:42

• rosyray
    rosyray

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Seeing that they continually put stuff like this in print reinforces in my mind that I've made the right decision.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

So there you have it, to get salvation you need to only obey the GB and if you obey and worship the GB, then you will be judged as a sheep. Truly those who Listen and Obey, will be blessed!

It was ever thus.

*** w82 4/1 pp. 30-31 par. 18 Survival or Destruction at the “Great Tribulation” ***
    "Any who hope to be considered by God’s Judge as 'sheep' to be spared must prove themselves to be 'righteous ones,' actively aiding Christ’s anointed 'brothers,' who form the 'faithful and discreet slave' class. (Matthew 25:33, 40, 46; 24:45-47)"

*** w97 9/15 p. 20 par. 19 Who Will Survive “the Day of Jehovah”? ***
    "Do your words and deeds identify you as a faithful and zealous servant of God? If so, you can entertain the hope of surviving 'the day of Jehovah' into God’s promised new world. Yes, survival may be your experience if you do good to Christ’s spiritual brothers because they are his followers ..."

*** w12 3/15 p. 20 par. 2 Rejoicing in Our Hope ***
    "The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed 'brothers' still on earth. (Matt. 25:34-40)"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

leaving_quietly - "No offense intended to the GB..."

Why not?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And whoever gives one of these little ones the Governing Body only a cup of cold water to drink $20,000 a day to rent a mortgage-free Assembly Hall because he is a disciple gullible JW, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward [bestowed upon him by the Governing Body]. - Matt 10:42

• never a jw
    never a jw

ADCMS,

Sounds like the 20 K a day is an exaggeration. Can you give me some context? I have been away from conventions for 3 years. The latest figures I remember are about 3 k for a 2 day circuit convention with about 1,500 attendees. Has inflation in JW's world been that high?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Sounds like the 20 K a day is an exaggeration

Nope, no exaggeration. There have been plenty of discussions here on JWN about this very subject.

Has inflation in JW's world been that high?

No. WT greed is that high.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A-Man: "As much as the Watchtower rails against other Christian religions......other Christian churches are not propagating such nonsense..."

Indeed. WT condemns other religions for changing teachings, asking for money, and having a clergy class.

But when WT changes teachings, asks for money, and has their elite clergy, those are all signs that they are the troo* religion(TM).

*Coming soon. Due to lawsuits in some countries, JWs will be called the troo religion(TM) rather than the true religion.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Of course it will be argued by apologists that in order to support Christ's brothers in the preaching work one must be acceptable to God in the first place, becoming an approved associate, at the very least, and all that THAT entails.

Simply getting off the sofa and going therefore to preach won't cut it in Watchtower land. You must be approved, baptized, spiritually clean, well-studied, humble/meek/mild, and let's not forget...organized to accomplish in order to be worthy of supporting Christ's brothers. THIS, they will argue, is the entire package being referred to in the 3-2015 Watchtower. THIS is what will gain you salvation.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@Vidiot, I was just trying to be polite to the self-exalted ones.

@AnnOMaly, thanks for those quotes. Matthew 25:33, 40, 46... talk about stringing texts together way out of context!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit