Naked Gun - absurdly funny!

by sparrowdown 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh I do enjoy a good laugh. I watched the Naked Gun movie last night I was surprised at

how funny it still is or maybe I was just in the mood for some silliness. Leslie Neilson is so

funny the way he plays it straight. In the beginning of the movie a cop gets shot (O.J Simpson?)

and gets sent to the "Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle" Hospital soo funny.

We all need to laugh more.

What is yor fave comedy?

• talesin
    talesin

It's a classic! Leslie Neilson is so great at that type of comedy. :P

I always laugh at Beverly Hills Cop and pretty much anything by Ben Stiller - Meet the Fokkers is side-splitting, and Zoolander, well, it must be seen. :D

tal

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Leslie Neilsen was a treasure.

(Silly trivia - his brother Erik was deputy PM of Canada - no one was more straight-laced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Nielsen )

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh your'e right tal, Zoolander a must see, and Meet the Fokkers - lol every time.

That is some silly trivia re Leslie Nielsen berrygerry, did not know that.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I really liked the shows before Naked Gun, they were called Police Squad. Well worth looking up. A lot of the humour was visual as well as spoken.

• talesin
    talesin

berrygerry, yup, another great Canadian American comedian ;P He was a national treasure, for sure.

happy@last, have you seen Airplane! Disaster spoof, he is the Captain. Police Squad, ah, smiles, I had forgotten those! Worth watchng again, thanks.

Also, any Monty Python movie (we have had a few MP threads), and for sure "The Pink Panther" and "The Party" with the great Peter Sellers, and oh, I laughed so hard at "Space Balls", for any Star Wars fan - too funny! John Candy and lots of great Canadian American comedians in that one, too.

Movies, love 'em.

xx

tal

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Who's Leslie Nielsen?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Loved all the Zucker bros. movies back in the '80s- Airplane, Top Secret, Naked Gun.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its stupid, inane and childish but I love Bubble Boy with Jake Gyllenhall. "500 Dollah!" Classic. It has Zach Galifinakis too.

bubble boy

Bubble boy 2

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@ADCMS - I can't look at that photo of Neilsen you use without smiling.

@Keyzer - Yeah, they are all funny. Flying High which features our own dear ADCMS was very clever.

@wasanelder - not familiar with Bubble Boy, will have to check it out, sounds hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit