The Abandoned Husband

by compound complex 13 Replies latest social relationships

• compound complex
    compound complex

Who took you from me?

Not of your own accord would you slip away and leave this fragile and wounded man unattended. I love you deeply, but, I admit, erratically. My flaws are manifold. Aren't your friends and family -- God Himself -- aware of my urgent, pressing needs? Have they insinuated themselves into your psyche and persuaded you that your once unbridled affection for me is unhealthy?

Have you tired of loving him whose devotion to you is complete?

You are my reason for living. Why, then, am I not yours?

• quest81
    quest81

I feel your pain.

• compound complex
    compound complex

quest81:

Welcome to JWN! Nice to have you here.

Your sentiments are appreciated. Thank you.

CoCo

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Im sorry CoC...I dont understand this post?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey there, stuckinarut2:

No need to apologize. As a poet, I don't always speak my mind and heart in a straightforward fashion. The above is a portion of a larger body of work expressing my pain -- and perhaps that of others -- over abandonment by those whose primary devotion is to their religion. I cannot judge too harshly because I once was a religious fanatic.

The man who asks his love why she left him is a needy man, he's a flawed soul, but he loves her above all else. Why is she unable -- unwilling -- to ignore all the noise from the outside and simply focus on him? There's always some justification for leaving the spiritually weak mate; perhaps it's so-called spiritual endangerment. The abandoned mate, male or female, is often broken beyond repair.

I'm lucky because I recovered.

Thanks for posting!

CoCo

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Thank you for this.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

my wife has told me she will choose the watchtower over me. it's a hard thing to hear...we have been married for 26 years. if she chooses this...it was a good ride before we joined the cult 6 years ago and baptized 4 years.

it will be hard...but i will survive if it comes to this. with lots of councelling.

i that hate this religion..the worse mistake of my life. it will destroy my marriage and pull apart my family.

GTTM

• stillin
    stillin

Yow! I almost fell off the edge of that empty place inside of myself, once. But I found that I could build a bridge across it instead.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

CoCo, beautifully written. I love how you are able to express your emotions poetically and am happy that you survived the turmoil.

GTTM, it may destroy your family - but it will not destroy you. So sorry for your pain though, I have a daughter stuck in myself.

• zeb
    zeb

Gttm. So if she takes WT then ensure she leaves you the house.

On this site and others i have noticed an increasing trend of jemale jw claiming an ever increasing entitlement (and by God! its material!) This is I believe out of the wts emphasis on money with

1. selling up kh and sending the money to NY
    2. lending donated money on interest
    3. the 'new funding arrangement'
    4. selling off its capital buildings for massive profits (tax free..so far.

and a bi product of its quest to deny education, healthy sport, constructive pass times to all over the requirements of the wts.

stillin: The bridge metaphor is a good one but permit me to add to it. Burn that bridge! as a burning bridge lights the way ahead.

My love to you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit