Could a JW be DF for celebrating Festivus?

by Stealth 18 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If you talk about the elders during the airing of grievances portion they could get you for apostacy. And the metal pole has some sort of pagan origin, you can be sure.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

wait do people actually unironically celebrate Festivus?

if so count me in. I want to air some grievances.

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

Don't forget about the feats of strength.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Don't forget about the feats of strength.

Let's rumble.

• Island Man
    Island Man

You know, the word Festivus does seem to have a Latin ring to it ... perhaps pointing to it's pagan Roman origins?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

A former close JW friend of mine celebrated "Family Day" every year on December 26th with his immediate JW family, decorations, wrapped presents (no festivus pole or christmas tree) ... his father who observed this family tradition with him was the P.O.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think it may be o.K to have Fractions of Christmas, just not all on one day ?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I think it may be o.K to have Fractions of Christmas, just not all on one day ?

You just got my vote for the best post of the day.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Elders book says that if they see a christmas tree in your window, you have DAed yourself, and an appropriate announcement made.

Whatever happened to Paul's words "Let no man judge you with regard to a festival or a new moon.... the one who celebrates celebrates it to the Lord."

There are 12 new moons in a year - more than enough to go around!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit