Funny Video - Phone call to Bethel

by Listener 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

This video is hilarious and very, very clever. Youtuber, TheUnWitness makes a call to HQ and asks the question "Can I talk to Anthony Morris?" and uses Matthew 18:15-17 as his reason

15 “If your brother or sister [ a ] sins, [ b ] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ [ c ] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RlNJYSkEgc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Will watch later.

• Mum
    Mum

It probably would be easier to get an audience with the Pope than with the "ivory tower" GB members. This telephone conversation had so much repetition because the goon who worked for Morris couldn't get his head around "between you and him alone." I don't know if the borg even pretends to be "Bible-based" anymore. It seems rare that they ever speak of anything Biblical.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"This is very disturbing, you are basically telling me that the Governing Body do not have to abide by the Bible in these things ? "

CLICK. Bro TonyTightpant's Rottweiller hung up ! *

Those guys , the GB themselves, and those who protect them like the guy on the 'phone are FRAUDS !

* at this point the guy knew he had been grabbed by the balls, he simply could not answer.

• steve2
    steve2

Politely phrased rejection is still rejection. A good demonstration of theocratic "love" in action.

• pbrow
    pbrow

marked

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice idea in theory.....

Sadly though, the goons trained to be their "secretaries" and "defenders" will NEVER allow a personal phone call directly to the LEADERS themselves!

Funny though, I thought Jesus said "come to ME , ALL you....."

The "untouchables" will NEVER condescend to the lowly average person!

I saw it when at Bethel too...Whenever we got a phone call asking for a branch committee memebr, we were told to basically LIE and say "they are not available"...no matter what it was!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Many Bethelites brag that one of the benefits of serving at Bethel is how closely they work with governing body. In reality, few of them have had any real conversation with them. I mean, beyond discussing how great the WT lesson for the week is.

One afternoon, Carey Barber came around Bossert giving all the sisters a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and encouraging us to stay in the truth. I said, "I just wonder how I'll feel if it doesn't come anytime soon?" He gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "Just stay in the truth, no matter what."

The lesson has always and will always be, Listen, Obey and be Blessed. They don't have time for our silly questions.

Funny video.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Will watch later, thanks!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

We are but mere mortals compared to these men who will sit with our Lord Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit