F & DS - the Domestics

by Listener 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

I was just considering the copyright issues that the WTBTS impose on other people and thought about their so called appointment of the FDS as discussed in Matthew 24:45 "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics ?”

This is how tje Governing Body identify the domestics

Who, then, are the domestics ? They are simply those who receive spiritual food. Early in the last days, the domestics were all anointed ones. Later, a great crowd of other sheep also became part of the domestics . Most of Christ’s “one flock” is now made up of the other sheep. (John 10:16) Both groups benefit from the same spiritual food that is given at the right time through the faithful slave - W 13 7/15

Therefore the domestics are only JWs which means that the Governing Body has not been appointed to feed spriritual food to anyone other than JWs. They have no divine authority to provide their literature to the public. Their spiritual food is being provided through JW.org, through public meetings and through their literature and all this is being given to the public, not just JWs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not just this, but in so many things, I have to applaud you people here.

I have come to realize how much sh....tuff I just blindly accepted. "Mother" said it. I believed it.

Listener, I think you bring up an interesting argument.

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

I like it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Interestingly the W states that "the domestics are simply those who recieve sprirtual food..."

Well that rules out JWs then, aint no "spiritual food" being served there.

Who, then, are the domestics ? They are simply those who receive spiritual food. Early in the last days, the domestics were all anointed ones. Later, a great crowd of other sheepalso became part of the domestics . Most of Christ’s “one flock” is now made up of the other sheep. ( John 10:16 ) Both groups benefit from the same spiritual food that is given at the right time through the faithful slave - W 13 7/15

"Domestics" are Budweiser, Coors, and Miller. No wonder JW parties sucked!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This is sort of a non sequitur. The preaching work is intended to make more domestics, i.e., to bring more people into the household. The authority to preach comes from having the correct interpretation of the Bible, which they claim they do. The only thing that follows logically from the text you quoted is that the Governing Body does not have spiritual authority over worldly people.

• prologos
    prologos

think of the wt idea that the sheep are already sheep, but not yet coralled, the h2h "work" is just to find those pre-exixting "sheep", domestics in abeiance, waiting to be indoctrinated, love- bombed, shorn.

since their "king" died for them, owns them, wt has the right, the duty to domesticate them and pocket the proceeds.

• Terry
    Terry

Apognophos: This is sort of a non sequitur . The preaching work is intended to make more domestics, i.e., to bring more people into the household. The authority to preach comes from having the correct interpretation of the Bible, which they claim they do. The only thing that follows logically from the text you quoted is that the Governing Body does not have spiritual authority over worldly people.

Are you sure?

w52 2/1 pp. 94-96 :

Jehovah has not commissioned us to convert the world, which is wicked beyond recovery and hence will be destroyed.

This seems pretty narrowly defined.

I'm not sure where the Organization is trying to draw the line. Looks like they want it both ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit