Looking for others that maybe gay or questioning

by dewey79 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So let me get this straight---You still believe in pretty much everything the organization teaches. You are Ok with forbidding people to celebrate Christmas, foregoing a college education, isolating children during their childhood, prohibiting blood transfusions, prohibiting birthdays, prohibiting voting, etc etc etc. none of these things the bible specifically prohibits.

Yet the one thing spelled out in black and white in the bible that it actually does prohibit, homosexuality--you are OK with that, and even use similiar reasoning techniques that the watchtower uses in the above instances to come to your conclusion?

Of all the the things you would have reason to go against the organization for, the only one you choose to disagree with them on is the only thing the bible specifically condemns. I am so thankful I am out of that cult, Thank God!

I would love to have you try to witness to me at one of those trolley carts!

• steve2
    steve2

You've shown good thinking skills by coming to this site. Just as you found being a Catholic and then a Protestant unsatisfying, the indications are that, sooner or later, so you'll find the JWs. Your orbit of thinking about life is still pretty small. But as you find out more and more abot Jehovah's so-called 'organisation', you' ll develop a larger awareness about life and be less vulnersble to simple morality tales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit