Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Cult?

by What Now? 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What Now?
    What Now?

Hi Oubliette, see the link below.

It`s an article entitled `When Organized Religion Becomes A Cult`, Diane Benscoter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eliyahu-federman/when-organized-religion-become_b_3996139.html

• etna
    etna

YES,

etna

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hassan's B.I.T.E Model is a good indication. JWs hit every one of his criteria.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WhatNow, thanks for the reference!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I don't know what's happened to the posting, but I clicked on your link and was able to view it on my iPad but when I attempt to see it on my laptop it appears to have vanished. Even going directly to HuffPost and searching on 'cult' brings up the link, but again it goes blank when attempting to access it. Thought it would be a good one to post on FB with some (non-jw) comments about the Moonies and Jim Jones, but I can't even get to it! Arghhh.

• quest81
    quest81

Do they dress peculiarly in the name of service?
    Do they forbid adherents from participating in social and community activities with reasons often blanketed in phrases such as "because it has pagan origins"
    Do they demand copious amounts of time to promote their agenda for free with no consideration for circumstances?
    Do they have to follow predefined rhetoric when addressing matters of faith?
    Do WT women know why they are forbidden from reading material such as the Elder's Book?
    Do practising JWs really know the balance sheets for their constantly required 'donations'?
    Do practising JWs always know when the WTS procures real estate?
    Do practising JWs know the types of corporations the WTS has invested in?
    Do practising JWs know how their governing body (deliberate lower case) is selected?
    Do practising JWs really know why prominent leadership that left the organization did so from independent sources of information?

Food for thought.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Yes it is a cult!

the worse mistake of my life!!!!!! in the words of CHER....If i could turn back time!

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit