Court Bars Kids From Jehovah's Witness Activities

by Bangalore 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bangalore
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yay Judge!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

That's pretty interesting. I'm glad he wants to "dilute" their exposure to the wt crap. However, JWs can be devious and the poor kids are brainwashed already.

• jemba
    jemba

Her mother confirmed to the judge she would not be attending her daughter's concert, relating "at some length the bible story of Jesus evicting the money lenders and dove sellers from the temple".

OMG what a wacko!! No wonder the ex husband took her to court. New JWs are the worst and its just embarrasing and makes you cringe when they open their mouths.

She hadnt even gone to the kids prize presentations for 2 years, good on the baptist church for actually doing things that interest children instead of making them sit through mind numbing BS.

• jemba
    jemba

One day theyll thank their Father for getting the courts involved. Ive noticed its so much easier for kids with one parent out of the faith to leave at an earlier age as they have support in leaving JWs. Wish at least one of my parents had the sense to not join the cult.

• carla
    carla

I hope the guy can find a way to de-program the kids. Wishing this family well, poor kids.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Divorce courts want the parents to get along and not divide the children. The mother's actions in this case were very divisive. She's basically demonizing the father's choices to allow the children to participate in organized events. I wonder if the JW literature on organized sports and bands were brought out to this court. It doesn't matter if they played at a Baptist church or in a county league, the mother being a JW wouldn't have permitted it. Competition, fear of playing holiday or national music, is banned for Jehovah's Witnesses. While the mother has a choice to not participate in these activities herself, can she thwart the father's choice to allow his children to do these activities? Becuase both being in a band and playing soccer are wholesome activities, the judge rightly sided with the father. Good Job New ZEaland. I would love to send these kids a small Christmas gift.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Clearly the kids have been heavily influenced by Watchtower propoganda, hopefully dad can find a balanced way to "deprogram" them and help them out and enjoy their youth. No doubt Caleb and Sophia have had a part in it.

I wonder if the mother was brought up a JW and returned to her faith.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

This court ruling is very important. This something the GB counts on with parents in the U.S. They are now clamping down on teachings towards youths making them feel important by feeding them crap like the Caleb video.

Does anyone know if this has ever happened in the U.S.?

• BU2B
    BU2B

As messed up as the Family Court system is, even they can see the insanity of not allowing basic, common, healthy activities. We need a resource of quotes which demonize extracurricular activities so we can counter their lying pamphlet given to the JW parent and attorneys to give a false impression to the court. They try to make it clear how normal they are, when they are a filthy cult and a very unhealthy place for children.

I guess I turned out ok, but I have social anxiety and am somewhat awkward in crowds and social occasions. I know this is due to my JW upbringing. So many have memories of going to camp, playing in a band, playing sports, having a good variety of friends, college, partying, dating, and just being a kid/teen/young adult. I have been robbed of that, and I can never get those years back. I got a job at 18, married at 19, kid at 21. I never lived. Im not saying I cant have a happy future, but they robbed me of what could have been prime formative years of my life. I resent that.

Good for this court and Judge. I hope more rulings like it follow here in the states.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit