I don't know why...but this is what has been happening in my ex-jw world...

by misguided 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

http://volunteer.tchabitat.org/HOC__cmscontent?CMSId=a11d0000000Ir2qAAC

Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry. We are called by our faith in God to serve families in need with generosity, humility and love. God’s love extends to all people, which is why we build homes with, and for, people of all races, faiths and backgrounds. We also welcome people of all faith backgrounds and beliefs to join us in our common goal of eliminating poverty housing.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth.” 1 John 3:18

If your faith group is already a partner with Habitat, click your organization’s name on the menu on the left-hand side of our Overview page and sign up for upcoming volunteer opportunities.

Many resources are needed to create and preserve affordable housing, including partner families, land, money, materials and volunteers. There are many ways your congregation or faith community can partner with us. They include:

• Organizing volunteers to work on Habitat sites or at the Habitat ReStore
    • Donating funds to support Habitat projects
    • Advocating in favor of affordable housing
    • Hosting a donation drive to collect items for the Habitat ReStore
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    ...totally a mess from the fact that his father had a baby with his sister all hidden in the JWs.

This is sickening and beyond criminal.

...even though I was of the belief they should not be shopping in the store.

See this is where I don't agree with you. Imagine if we based our shopping habits based on stores with a religious background or where they openly profess their beliefs?

1. Hobby Lobby

2. Chik-Fil-A

3. Forever 21

4. Tyson Foods

5. Mary Kay

6. In-N-Out Burger

7. Timberland Shoes and products

8. Alaska Airlines

9. Marriott Hotels and affiliates

10. Jet Blue Airlines

11. Interstate Batteries

12. Trijicon products

13. Merry Maids

14. Terminix

15. American Shield

16. George Foreman Products

17. H.E.B. supermarkets

18. Curves Gym

19. Tom's of Maine

20. Carl's Jr's

21. Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team

22. Herman Miller

23. Walmart

The WTBS will claim tax exempt status due to them being a religious non-profit entity and a charity. They claim to help with disaster relief which in fact they do except that you either need to live next to a good standing member or near them in order for them to help you during a disaster. If you live on the next street or down the street then you'll be SOL.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

As others have mentioned, I had not idea it was a faith-based store. Then again I don't read all the mission statements on all the places I shop at. I would agree that it is just people looking for bargains and not deliberately seeking to support a particular religious institution

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I know of many if not all local witnesses in my area that shop at Salvation Army, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, even thrift stores clearly labeled Christian.

This includes ALL witnesses even appointment men.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sorry - I must be missing something - are the goods you sell very inexpensive and affordable? If so I wd expect a queue of dubs right around the corner. it is no coincidence.

I will resist the temptation to tell my pious sneer joke at this point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit