JW.org Kiosks whats up with these? Where did this idea come?

by Crazyguy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Has anyone seen these in their area. They are Kiosks, small buildings either inside an area of a larger building like a mall or outside by themselves maybe on a major street. Not sure whats all in them but from what I can gather there a bigger fancier version of the book shelf on wheels that is so popular now. Just wondering where they got this idea from, seems like it would be a major waste of time after the new smell went away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdj4CZje64Y

• prologos
    prologos

These guys seem to know what they are doing with their spare time, and your contributions.

Does it have a public washroom? that would be a real service in many other under-developed regions.

compare that to the great greek temples, a nice start for the late comers in the idolatry competition.

For all the visitors to Greece that read from right to left: GROW J and of course also

from fader's viewpoint in the rear view mirror.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Does anyone know where one or more of these can be found in the USA? Knowing the price of land and clear space in downtown areas in most cities, these places must have to pay horrific rental fees. It's one thing to roll in a temporary stand and set up a card table in a public square, but to put up a semi-permanent kiosk in any major downtown area in a city must be prohibitively expensive.

JV

• prologos
    prologos

Juan, if you understand real estate, such a purchase is never an expense, it is an investment. real estate values double every ten years .

It is making money just sitting there, and looking pretty.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

must be prohibitively expensive.

Not too much to prohibit them though !

I would bet that the poor shivering sisters that I saw today , muffled up next to their trolley card would lovethis..... I bet it is restricted to "Invited Pioneers only" and let the r & f publishers get on with the real work

• Terry
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

It's "Jah In A Box." Drive in a Worldly Person destined to die in Armegheddon, and come out a Jehovah's Witness with no hobbies, no advanced education, no retirement, no savings, no self-worth or self-identity, have children who are raped by pedophiles, be forced into a quicky marraige, be beat up by your elder husband, told not to invovle the police authorities with the crimes you are exposed to, forced to cool/end your relationships your non-JW family & friends, and lose your JW friends/family by shunning if you ever decide to leave the Borg. Yep, as unhealthy as any fast food restaurant can be! Clogs your heart too. Should be a Surgeon's Warning on this place.

JWs are tired of going door-to-door. Let them sit in their box instead. It's "Jah in a Box."

Those old pictures are just wonderful. I am reminded that at the time of the picutres, owning a car & a record player was a spanky new thing. Even as impressive as driving a car while blaring a message out of a radio box was . . . . it didn't garner support from the masses. Why? Becuase the masses knew the JWs were a wack-a-doodle religion. Today, having a smart phone is the spankiest new thing. The JWs are trying to look spanky again, with their cool box and promotionals. I don't think it will garner support from the masses. Instead of wack-a-doodle, the masses are going to use their Internet on the smart phones to quickly figure out that JW.Org is the website for a cult that hides pedophiles. (sorry for all the 'spanky' words being used here today. I read the spanx thread).

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Those KIOSKS are going to be the new kingdomhalls of tomorrow. They will soon be installing turnstiles with a credit card/cash/atm scanner. People will be assigned a certain time to show up each week, insert their cash, then enter and sit down for a video presentation of the weekly meeting by a pious GB member. Then on the hour inbetween, the public can give their money to enter to meetings as well. They will be 24/7 KHs. Also they will have a closed curtained section where a person can enter M-F from 9 to 5 to have their very own live video conferenced judicial committee with 3 other elders. They pay about $25, then confess and the elders live from Bethhell can decide if they should be DFed. With new light however, the elders may get a direct insight that at that minute if they deposit an extra $100, they get away with a public reproof instead of DF.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Prologos -

Grow j in a rear view mirror- thats funny! it would make a great apostate pin in the shape of a rear- view mirror hehe

Skeeter -

You are in fine form tonight - Jah in a box..yuk yuk... and so right about how their spanky new junk will impress only themselves...

• clarity
    clarity

It's "Jah In A Box." love this ha ha ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit