The Watchtower explains the sheep and the goats

by runForever 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• runForever
    runForever

The march 2015 study watchtower finally solves the mystery of the sheep and the goats:

" First, note that Jesus is teaching by
    means of an illustration. Obviously, he is
    not talking about separating literal sheep
    from literal goats."

Wow there you have it- Jesus is not talking about literal goats and sheep! I feel so enlightened!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So if he wasn't really talking about literal sheep and goats, what was he talking about?

"Obviously, he was talking about separating people: separating the tight-pants wearing people who will be destroyed, from the good people who worship me, ToMo3!"

• prologos
    prologos

wish we could have this article up, because the

wt has a -'lot of explaining to do'- on that subject;-- directing the money, effort of the sheep, that should have gone to the least ones, the widows, hungry, sick into the deep pockets of a corporation, the highest ones.

thereby turning sheep into goats, that did not do as directed.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe all the religous nuts of the world whatever their religion are the goats and the enlightened people who reject religion are the sheep .

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

Perhaps the sheep should think twice before settling down on the 'right' side of a man who endorsed the flood, the marriage of Adam&Eve, the fishy 3 days in the belly tale, used spit to heal blindness, forced wt writers into overlapping generations---

• erbie
    erbie

Thanks for that clarification. I always wondered why a sheep was more worthy of life than a goat as I had always found them to be quite peaceful creatures.

I don't need to worry about that anymore 😏

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

For any interested, here is a little research I posted on "the least of these my brothers" and "these least ones" from the sheep & goats parable.

Here and here was an analysis of the sheep & goats parable and here was a comparison of it with Rev 3:10.

Here was a short post on the indication of a literary division of the Olivet Discourse at Matthew 24:36, corresponding with the two questions posed by the disciples at Matthew 24:3. (In essence, marking Matthew 24:4-35 as Jesus' answer to "when will these things be" about the Jewish temple, and Matthew 24:36-25:46 as his answer to 'what will be the sign of his parousia and the end of the age.)

Bobcat

• Listener
    Listener

The statement is probably written with the idea of making a diversion. Reading the parable without WT's opinion one would conclude that the sheep were both the 'little flock' and 'other sheep'.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Obviously, he is
    not talking about separating literal sheep
    from literal goats.

Ah... the deep things of God.

• Splash
    Splash

Thanks Bobcat - I like your references to explanations like these.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit