Pope Francis: All dogs go to heaven

by NewYork44M 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always wonders, and now I know. Thank you Pope Francis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/world/europe/dogs-in-heaven-pope-leaves-pearly-gate-open-.html?action=click&contentCollection=Sunday%20Book%20Review&module=MostEmailed&version=FullĀ®ion=Marginalia&src=me&pgtype=article

Does this include the dogs that end up on the dinner table in some cultures? Or, only those pets who become part of a family?

Sorry to be offensive - I am not a pet person.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Grin, the Pope doesn't read the Bible:

Revelation 22:14,15 - New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they will have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Yahweh and Jesus may have created dogs, but they don't like them (just look up the references) and they won't have them in the New Jerusalem

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Ha Ha. You guys are hilarious. Of course dogs go to heaven. So do cats, and chickens, and pigs. Especially pigs. Oh, I'm sorry -Jesus and Jehovah don't eat pork.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Only good doggies go to heaven.

Cujo is not.

• Simon
    Simon

Saw a tweet from Richard Dawkins: when you can't tell the difference between religion and The Onion you know it's nearly finished.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Of COURSE I am going to Heaven--------I'm a dog!!!!

• hoser
    hoser

This opens a whole can of worms. First of all do worms go to heaven? But seriously, if there is a dog heaven is there a cat hell?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Every single referance in the bible to dogs is bad!

Exodus is funny... in it Moses uses an expression that is rendered as: "Not a dog shall move his tongue".... The Jews hated dogs it seemed.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Every time the pope says something like this I can't help but think he's really an atheist having fun trolling the world.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

As a friend of mine once said: 'It won't be Heaven unless our companion animals are there with us'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit