Thank You From Captives of a Concept

by Cameron_Don 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Thank You Don for all Your efforts for bring the truth about the TRUTH®!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Just went on my "Immediate Read" list .Thank You.

• Terry
    Terry

How many writers can claim they were instrumental is causing an international corporation to completely shut down a prominent policy?

You knocked the legs out from under 1919's "appointed over all his belongings."

I have a question: Are they about to unplug from 1914?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Beyond the debt of gratitude I owe you Don for writing such an excellent book is a debt of gratitude for helping me - and possibly others, but I'll let them speak for themselves - to see what was possible with the new technologies of self-publishing.

Before this, anyone who wrote about Jehovah's Witnesses had to fork over major dollars to a "vanity press" who would print no less than a "minimum press run" of the book and then ship ALL of them to the author so the author could figure out how to store and distribute the hundreds if not thousands of books that had just been dropped on his doorstep.

LULU.COM was the first company to overthrow the old "vanity press" paradigm, and this made it possible for a FLOOD of both new books and "replica reprints" of old Watchtower publications, and to do it for astonishingly little cost!

ROLL THE PRESSES!

Most of us have learned that writing about The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is a lousy way to earn retirement income - at best it will provide a pizza a couple of times a year (at worst NO PIZZA FOR YOU!), but we did it because our stories, and more importantly, THE TRUTH, needs to be told.

Best wishes to you! Thank you, Sensei!

• sherah
    sherah

Thank you for the writing the book. Your book is one of many that I recommend to JW's when they are ready for TTAT.

• LV101
    LV101

The title alone was enough to help me make up my mind. Seriously, an elder's kid mentioned witnesses are 'captives of a concept' and made my day.

I've not read the book but really should order for my collection.

• LV101
    LV101

I forgot, Thank you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think it was one of the best books I have read about the core beleifs of jehovahs witnesses and have plugged it many times on here and elsewhere .

Thank you Don for writing it .

smiddy

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

I just ordered it. Looking forward to reading it

• Simon
    Simon

I remember reading that - thank you from me too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit