The Happiest I Have Ever Been

by nolongerconfused 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

Hello dear friends,

It has been a while since I've posted here. Much has happened since I left the cult. As with many of you, I woke up after many years in the borg, about 20 years to be exact. I was married to a born in, but she could not accept the fact of being married to someone who had "woken up", although continued to love and respect her. She cheated on me twice during the marriage, while I was still "in" so everything just went down hill. I filed for divorce, and began my life away from this cult. I even managed to get my parents and brother out of it and since then, everything has been so much better. We have developed the true kind of love, without conditions... We are no longer judgemental, and treat everyone the same...

Today starts a new chapter in my life... I have since met the most wonderful woman ever. I truly believe she's a blessing not only to me, but to my family. We are engaged, and we move into our new home today. I couldn't be happier. Life has definitely taken a huge turn.

Although I wish I could take those 20 years back, I learned some good lessons along the way. It feels good to take control of my life for once. This forum has definitely helped me cope through harsh times of "fading", waking up, and leaving the WTS cult.

I wish everyone of you happiness in this short life, whether you're out, fading, or still in.

- NLC

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Congrats! Living well is the best revenge against the murderous cult. Glad to hear you're getting your revenge in full.

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

I agree with your comment... "kill them with kindness and live out your life however you wish!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done NLC!

You sound very happy, and in control of your own life.

Enjoy your life and loved ones!

Sincere love and respect from me.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Congratulations on your new life, new house and soon to be new wife. I'm very happy for you and your 'out' family. Happiness to all of you!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is really great to hear yet another story of success after leaving the Org !

All the best for a wonderful, happy and fulfilling future !

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Wow! Congrats on the success story.

• Rip
    Rip

I will buy you a beer if you take one! Congrattssss!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

congratulations

• millie210
    millie210

How wonderuful that you were able to take your family along with you and get them out.

So happy for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit