So the year the FDS(1919) got appointed, Jehovah said it was ok to celebrate Xmas?

by hardtobeme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hardtobeme
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

They carried on celebrating Christmas and Birthdays for a good number of years after 1919 whilst Jebus looked down with approval at his chosen "channel" and the Steward of His Household.

They accepted blood transfusions until 1945. As He looked on with approval.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Light getting brighter, mate.

George

• millie210
    millie210

What a compelling thought hardtobeme~

One would think logically that on such a momentous occasion that it would be accompanied by an elevation of beliefs and standards.

This is the most convincing argument that celebrating Christmas is neither here nor there that I have seen.

• millie210
    millie210

Double post demon is persecuting me this morning

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

w13 7/15 p. 11 par. 6 “Look! I Am With You All the Days”

Still, there were numerous religious groups who claimed to be Christ’s followers. So a crucial question needed to be answered: Who among those groups were the wheat? To settle that question, Jesus began to inspect the spiritual temple in 1914. That inspection and cleansing work involved a period of time—from 1914 to the early part of 1919.

ws14 1/15 pp. 8-13, "100 Years of Kingdom Rule—How Does It Affect You?"

After Jesus cleansed the heavens of the bad influence of Satan and his demons, Jehovah had Jesus inspect and refine his followers here on earth. The prophet Malachi described this as a cleansing. (Malachi 3:1-3) History shows that this cleansing happened between 1914 and the beginning of 1919. ... If we want to be a part of Jehovah’s universal family, we must be clean, or holy. (1 Peter 1:15, 16) We must keep our worship clean from the contamination of false religion or politics.

Christmas was evidently not included in the cleansing process, therefore Jehovah couldn't have been too bothered about it.

He chose them anyway - Christmas, crosses, birthdays ...

All deemed,

Spiritually clean,

In 1919.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good call Ann, we cannot t forget one of the WT's fave words.... "evidently"

oh, and let's not forget what a prime role pyramidology played until 1928! when "evidently" the pyramid became known as "Satan's stone witness." (Before that, Adam was 'evidently' the first pharoah, buried in the sphinx. So funny, it makes you cry )

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Even though they taught the cross was wrong they kept it on the cover page of the Wt. or was it the Awake until 1943. Still Totally ADD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Not only that, Jehovah told them the end was coming, in just six short years.

That alone proves to me that no such appointment ever happened.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Allegedly, WT officials were imprisoned in 1918, and the work essentially shut down, because the Org. was rife with "Babylonish teachings" (WT's words, not mine). Imprisonment was Jesus' way of giving them a good spanking.

Then, WT officials were released 9 months later, supposedly because Jesus saw that they had cleaned up their act and changed their ways.

The only problem is: they changed nothing. But, Jesus decided it was acceptable anyway (that they were still practicing "Babylonish" religion), even though WT was essentially no different than any other religion at the time, and appointed them as his special representitive.

You can't make this crap up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit