The Faithful Slave - An Obvious Question I Haven't Heard Asked

by berrygerry 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@sowhatnow - They used to claim this. This changed when they elevated the GB to the FDS position. They now claim that the appointment over all his belongings is future. But the kicker is that they moved what "all his belongings" used to mean (KHs, branch offices, etc.) categorically under the term "domestics". See the 7/15/2013 WT for all of this.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

" It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating—‘wishy-washy’—about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?." ---(Watchtower, May 15, 1976, page 298)

--

For once, WT got it right. I followed this advice...that's why I'm no longer a JW.

And, let's not forget: according to WT's current doctrine, the Faithful slave is literal, the evil slave is only illustrative.

Please ignore that both are discussed in the same verse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit