Why We Observe the Lord’s Evening Meal - Jan 2015

by berrygerry 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Any still attending who are going to give a comment about last year's Memorial study article?

• paladin1
    paladin1

I have to attend and I do not partake of the wine & bread. I only know two anointed JW's that took of the emblems in the late 1960's. It's the same old boring procedure. I think we should all partake. lol

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I was thinking that somewhere around paragraph 19 -

Last year's Watchtower study about the Memorial asked the question: "Will this be our last Memorial"?

That one wasn't.

Will this one?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Let's hope that JW teens who have to attend the Memorial will see the absolute idiocy of it. The Memorial has to be one of the most boring events in the JW year. Plus the Special Talk that follows a week later is a real snooze-fest. One such talk was what finally turned me off totally to the Witnesses. The speaker was one of 'the anointed' and I figured if he was the best they had to offer I wanted no part of the religion. I never darkened the door of a Kingdom Hall again.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I have subtly suggested to one or two fellow Christians who are still active Witnesses and who "feel" that we should all partake, that the KH version of the Memorial meal is not in accordance with the scriptures, and that they could if they wanted, observe it correctly in the privacy of their own homes after the KH sham which excludes them Satanically (with their blind compliance) from the New Covenant!

• Terry
    Terry

Only Jehovah's Witnesses could come up with the mind-bending idea:

Celebrate the only commanded celebration by NOT participating in the celebration, only 'observing' its celebration.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

And they will say until they are blue in the face that they are the only ones who follow the Bible.

• prologos
    prologos

after listening to these talks, based on the talking snake as the foundation, and slyly confusing the New- and kingdom covenants,-- You could never really say:

"I'll Drink to THAT"

if you have to, out of tradition, do it at home, as the Searcher said and thousands do any way, it is romantic under a full moon in the east.

The current "study" WT for Dec, 14 has a sly illustration on page 13, showing Jesus supposedly talking about the KINGDOM of Priests, while one of the 11/12 casually sips.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

it is romantic under a full moon in the east.

It IS the best moon of the year.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I like the full moon, Other then. this I go the memorial for family but it has a comedy vaue. If only Greek followers of their gods could see use today following the same customs@

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit