Dateline Discussed On JW Board - 3 Pages

by AngryXJW 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• waiting
    waiting

Quote: that during the past year, 36,638 individuals had to be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation, the greater number of them for practicing immorality.

There was a time (and I would bet still is) that *practicing immorality* for a jw meant having sex with a person of the opposite sex....not homosexuality nor child molestation. Oh, ok, maybe masturbation - but we don't talk about that happening to adults - only wayward teenagers.

I have NEVER heard - or thought myself while a jw - that "immorality practiced by jw's" included child molestation.

waiting

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

MORE ASININE GAS PASSING:

One thing that letter, dated February 7, 2002 shows, is that the Society was quite aware of the Dateline program several months ago, but gave no advice about watching or not watching it. The Society left the decision up to us. (Say what?)

As is sometimes suggested to do at the doors when there is opposition, in its letter to the congregations, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses did not deal so much with the negative allegations as with accentuating the truth of the positive things we have done about this problem that affects the world at large, including us. I think all reasonable and honest people would agree that we have approached this matter Scripturally, sensibly, and legally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit