Party

by Hortensia 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm giving a party next week -- Sunday, December 14 at 1:00 p.m. Reason for the party? I got a huge turkey on sale and I need to cook it. I'm making turkey and trimmings, neighbors are bringing whatever they want, mostly vegetarian stuff. I'm inviting about 20 of my neighbors. You're invited, too! If you can make it, let me know what you're bringing, if anything.

Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, green tomato relish

Mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes (no damned marshmallows, either), broccoli, green salad, pea salad, tabouli

Coffee and tea. Cookies. Peach pie. Plum cobbler.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sounds delish!

• apostrate
    apostrate

I'll need some directions.

• TheMark
    TheMark

salivating..

• smiddy
    smiddy

It sounds bloody great mate i`d love to come ,but maybe too expensive for me , I`m in eastern victoria australia.

I hope you and everybody present have a fantastic day . Oh , and thanks for the invitatation . I`m sad to decline it.

smiddy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh, I figured it might be a bit too much for most of you. But anyone in the neighborhood of Mt. Shasta, let me know!

Apostrate -- Way northern California, until you almost run out of state.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Hortensia,

Ooh, what a beautiful part of the country! Used to live near the Silicon Valley back in the late 70's. I'm too far away now, maybe next year! Enjoy!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, big shopping trip today, up to Medford. Storm predicted to start at 2 p.m. so we left early and went to Costco first. Costco hotdog for breakfast. Then Trader Joe's. Cookie samples and coffee at TJs. Then some other shopping and lunch at the Co-op in Ashland. I had little bits of several different things -- a couple of them unidentifiable. I didn't ask what they were, thought it would spoil the surprise. Some kind of tough green thing, might have been kale, might have been seaweed. Couldn't tell. Butternut squash lasagna. Hm, don't think butternut squash and lasagna noodles really go well together, no matter how delicious on their own.

At 1 p.m. the storm started and we headed home via Yreka. One stop there, in pouring rain. The last 45 minutes were somewhat thrilling. My passengers were white-knuckling it, and I was glad I was driving! Heavy rain, gusts of wind. Wonderful, wonderful!

Just about ready for the party. And -- great news -- I might possibly have a never-met-before real-live-exJW come to the party, from JWN. I hope that person realizes this is the old folks' home! Or the insane asylum, depending on your frame of reference.

• compound complex
    compound complex

O, how I wish, dear Hortensia!

Have had to turn down several recent invitations due to all my clients' being gone themselves. Don't want to sound ungrateful as I stay in beautiful homes for weeks on end, getting fed and paid, but my only companions are tale-waggers. Sweet, but conversation is hardly cerebral . . .

THANKS!

Love,

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

CoCo -- I wish you could come, too! It's not that far and would be fun to meet you face to face way out here in the boondocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit