I need a particular Watchtower photograph

by ILoveTTATT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Hi everyone,

I would like to get a better copy of the Watchtower November 15th 1916 copy, where there's a picture of the flowers and everything dedicated to Russell when he died.

Can someone get a good scan of that?

Thanks!

• wifibandit
  • clarity
    clarity

Wow amazing picture! Wonder what all those

oldtimers would think if they knew there would

be dancing in the kh, and blue JW.ORG buttons

and big JW.ORG signs on watchtower buildings!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Was that the one?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"Gone Home?" What an unusual sentiment, if they believed he was going to have to wait for the parousia or whatever the hell it is before he went to heaven.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Not the pic you asked for, but interesting book about Russell: The Laodicean Messenger , PDF available on archive.org

Wheels

• Terry
    Terry

"Gone Home?" What an unusual sentiment, if they believed he was going to have to wait for the parousia or whatever the hell it is before he went to heaven.

The 'parousia' was 1874, the rapture 1878 and Armageddon 1914.

But, Russell was treading water on those predictions. The only provable date:10-31-16.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

ILoveTTATT:

I have the picture from a PDF of that WT (it's on the last page of the 11/15 issue. Unfortunately the scan is very grainy. It is hard to make out exactly what is being depicted. If I were to guess, I would say it is Russell's draped casket, with flowers on top of it and in front of it. There appear to be at least two cross shapes, one on the draping and another in one of the flower arrangements in front of the casket.

Having said that, the picture is still very grainy and I could be wrong that it is even depicting a casket. But that would be my best guess. You can download the 1916 WT from here to see it for yourself. You'll have to rotate the picture 90 degrees to see it upright.

Bobcat

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

See what a lot of bullshit and a bit of money can get you.

The Laodicean Messenger of Bullshit

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Bobcat, essentially I am asking if anyone has a better scan of THAT picture you mentioned.

Wifibandit, it is the one BobCat said. That picture you posted would be useful if it appeared in a WT publication... Do you know if it is a "private" picture or a Watchtower publication picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit