Merry Christmas to all of you on JWN and to those of you that have escaped mind control!

by RayPublisher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Merry Christmas people! Here's my take on Xmas. Enjoy this lovely close to 2014 my friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDFu0ma3yU

Take care,

Eric "Struggler"

---------- Description from video ------------

We can make this a good holiday season if we want to, and I myself would like to wish all of you, my friends and extended cult-survivor family a Merry Christmas!

I discuss in this video:

• Why some exJWs embrace holidays including Christmas
    • Why some exJWs DO NOT embrace holidays especially Christmas
    • The Watchtower's version of what's "pagan"
    • The simple logic Ray Franz used in his excellent second book, In Search of Christian Freedom
    • A shout out and words of appreciation for my good friend Londo Mollari, who helped me prepare this video

Londo's channel you WILL want to subscribe to:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnXY0-N67N4a5a8eKbar-iw

Ray's fantastic book, In Search of Christian Freedom:
    http://www.amazon.com/Search-Christian-Freedom-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675168/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417888222&sr=1-2&keywords=In+Search+of+Christian+Freedom

• coalize
    coalize

Thank you!

But I, doesn't leave a mind-control and fatasy-like religion, to adopt an another stupid religion! :)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

thank you for your video, I love Christmas, it's a lot of fun & you're right, it's no big deal

• Listener
    Listener

As a JW, one of the hardest things to control at Xmas time was not singing along with Xmas jingles, it is nice to have the freedom to sing them now.

• LV101
    LV101

I thank you, also, and Merry Christmas to you and yours. It's the most wonderful time of the year from delicious cookies, candies, beautiful lights, snow - just everything!

I love Christmas and everything connected therewith. Stupid Watchtower! Love all the Christmas music and play it constantly - tried not to listen to it while in the cult but shopped for gifts (married to a celebrating, non-witness) and opened gifts w/out shouting 'Merry Christmas' - they weren't running my life but, ooops, guess they were since I ignored the music.

Happy Holidays to all!

• Simon
    Simon

Merry Christmas !

We've done the lights, tree, presents etc... but more when the kids were smaller plus we were fresh escapees and keen to make use ouf our new freedoms.

We still do christmas but it's less intense. The main thing is having the choice to decide for yourself what and how you want to do things. Whatever is right for the family involved is 'the best'.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband and I just put up our Christmas lights and outside greenery and I got a start on the inside decorations, tomorrow we will get the tree. I love to decorate for the holidays and really appreciate having the freedom to do so, especially since I missed it for so many years.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Merry XMAS you guys!

• talesin
    talesin

Happy, happy Xmas, Ray! :))

Nice work!

Now, make a companion video about why and how much you LOVE the holidays, because you know what? I *know* you do! *twinkles* Happy holidays, all the best, etc. ;)

xxo

tal

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thank you for the Christmas wishes. My tree with all the trimmings is up, lights are on the house outside, and soon there will be presents under the tree.

Merry Christmas to all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit