Ever try to contact local "inactive publishers"?

by Sail Away 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@stuck--yeah, must be hard playing the waiting game, I can't wait to read the thread you start on your great escape.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I get together for coffee with a fellow fader friend who lives close by.

He's actually been here to JWN a few times.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The way they are supposed to do things and the way they do things are two different things. They are supposed to be indirect about it, trying to lead to another meeting. Occasionally, you run into some scumbag that will not take no for an answer, or even that thinks your dedication to joke-hova is a legally binding contract and that they are going to enforce it at all costs. And, if they will not beat or guilt you into going back, they will drug you into going back.

Somehow, I think with Saturn approaching Sagittarius in a couple of weeks, we are going to be seeing too much of this legally-binding-contract crap going on, with drugging threats in addition to lawsuits for "breach of contract".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you're exiting via a successful "fade" there is a danger in contacting and speaking honestly/frankly with others who you think are "out". Many still are "believers" but have issues with the local Leaders, but would be loyal to the bOrg. Others might speak about you to other friends or family members who are still loyal and it could result in "outting" you.

Fear.

That's how the bOrg maintains control.

Doc

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

DOC, I didn't fade so much as I walked away. There was one JW that I really hoped to keep as a friend, butI haven't seen her in over a year. My family is all out except my in-laws, and that relationship was always strained due to their shunning my husband. Now that they are also shunning our children, I have no hope of any real relationship with them.

I have seen first hand what you have said. Many faders are still believers and are still loyal to the bOrg. I am fine with being outed if that happens. I think that the definition of really being free is when you simply don't care what they do. If they DF me, so be it. I refuse to live my life by their dictates (42 years is long enough) and in fear. They have control when we are afraid of them and what they can do. They don't control me any more.

Sail Away

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am fine with being outed if that happens. I think that the definition of really being free is when you simply don't care what they do. If they DF me, so be it. I refuse to live my life by their dictates (42 years is long enough) and in fear.

It has to be a great thing to get to that point.

We chose the "fade" route for the sake of family and (we thought) some friends (but of course, that didn't happen with the vast majority of "friends").

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• kairos
    kairos

I've connected with many in and outside my area.

Went to the Tahoe gathering this past Summer.

It nice to talk things through with people that "get it".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

DOC, I always love your comments!

Spot on, and thought provoking!

The two posts above hit the nail on the head

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit