Finally Gave My First Anti-Witness After 11 Years

by new light 14 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

She knows in her heart it is BS. Good job.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done New Light ! I think we are morally bound to anti-witness when appropriate, as we speak with them, if we are loving and have empathy as you did, we can determine how far to go.

I was talking to an Elder a few weeks back, the old boy was born-in over 5 decades ago, and I decided to hold back a little for then, not hit him with anything more than my usual "I want satisfactory proof" mantra. He has promised to call back on me, we shall see, but if so he will get some more info then.

I do not think we should worry overly much about the consequences if we do wake someone up, they are far more likely to come to harm if they remain in the Borg than if we wake them up, we can always give support, or get it for them, once they are awake.

Well done again !

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well done! It's hard to do what you did, either you don't feel comfortable saying anything negative, or you do say something against the Watchtower, but in an angry and confrontational way, which causes people to get their back up and ignore what you say. To be able to state your truth while being nice is an achievement.

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

One of the most important seeds planted in my mind came from a houdeholder in service. He asked: "shouldn't Abraham have said 'NO!' when God asked him to cut up his son and burn the body?". I agreed, and left.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

New Light, well done! You set a great example for everyone reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit